Is there any software to stream .MKV files ( 3d 1080P)

SSOB

It doesn't work with windows media player and i really don't know any other software that'll do the trick

Interested in Business and Technology

Download VLC and you will never return to WMP

I'll check it out

Interested in Business and Technology

Em divX player should be able to deal with that.

i use klite codec pack since 2008 didnt had issues with it (of course its getting updated regularly) and you can use windows media player or other players with it (it will install the codecs that is needed by the player)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I used VLC player a lot until i notice MPC looked a lot better

i use media player classic home cinema. it playes everything i need it to play except for the comparision video that pcper uploads....

VLC will offer you the best overall experience, I think. There are other players that look fancier or have more options for prettying up the audio and video - but VLC offers the ability to play damn near any type of file with very few hiccups and fantastic performance. It even offers to repair damaged videos if it can. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

The majority of my media collection is in .mkv format and I have no problems with VLC and XBMC.

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

The majority of my media collection is in .mkv format and I have no problems with VLC and XBMC.

Have to agree. VLC and XBMC are two of my favorites

Ill vote VLC on this.

vlc but are you trying to wacth or stream u said stream lol

U want to stream 3d movies from pc/laptop to a smart tv? If you do and have a LG or Samsung tv try Plex Media Server.

Amd FX 6300,Noctua NH-L9x65 CPU cooler ASRock 980DE3/U3S3, 8GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Nvidia Gt 440, 1x 120 gb Kingston Savage SSD,1x 1Tb WD Hdd 1 x 320 gb WD HDD, 1x 640 WD HDD.

Oh, if it's for streaming your content then I'd heavily suggest http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/'>PS3 Media Server.

It was originally developed as a DLNA Server to stream content for the PlayStation 3, but thanks to continuous updates over the years is a very powerful piece of software that seems to work with pretty much any devices with DLNA compatibility. It also has the ability to transcode media on the fly, and does an excellent job of it too.

I've been using it for a good 4 years to handle the streaming of my movie and music library, which is just over 1TB in size. Windows Media Player and several other programs encounter errors processing such a large library (which is odd, as 1TB isn't particularly big nowadays) - but PS3 Media Server handles it flawlessly. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

vlc is awesome i am using it for years 

and for setting up a server you could use twonky emit or Allshare 

I use VLC Portable and have had no issues what so ever. I can stream to any wired/wireless device on my network and it's in full 720p/1080p. Best part is that there is no need of codec packs and that is a plus.

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

Vlc play mkv files so smoothly and can enable gpu acceleration

CCCP and window media player classic.

been using vlc for a while now , very happy with it ,

added bonus it plays movies with sub tittle files no hassles

one the 1st programs i install on any new build i do

• 4 weeks later...

As far as streaming software goes, I'd recommend running Plex.

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

Whats your intended use?

Watch movies on your computer?

Then go with VLC as it's the most known and well supported video decoder. 

Watch movies on your TV using streaming? 

NAS + Apple Tv + Air Video (Surley there are other alternatives for other devices)