Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

AIO Pump - Best RPM settings

Hey there,

I'm a little bit new into AIO's (just bought my first one: Fractal Celsius S24+) and I'm confused about what the best RPM seetings are. My AIO cooler allows me to do three things:

1) Use PWM to variate the pump speed depending on the CPU load

2) Set its RPM to 100% constantly (2700RPM)

3) Set its RPM to a lower percentage, like 35% 

For me, the first option seemed by far the loudest and I also read that constantly changing RPM on the pump might impact its lifetime negatively. The second option is a little bit less loud, yet still audible. The third option is inaudible but results in around 4-5 degrees increase in tempratures. 

I've read many different things on the internet, but what is the best setting overall? Most importantly, what are each of their consequences on the lifespan of the AIO? 

Kind regards,

Arno

If you can adjust the pwm curve for the pump, that's probably the best option. If not, then just lock it into 50% rpm or something. Ideally you want to find a sweet spot in terms of noise, cpu temps, and liquid temps. The hotter the liquid and pump temps are, the shorter its lifespan. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

9 minutes ago, TheLUCKYfighter said:

2) Set its RPM to 100% constantly (2700RPM)

I've run this way on a 1st gen Corsair H60. It's 10 years old and still going, so I think it's alright.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, Nvidia GTX 780, 16 GB 2667 MT/s DDR4 Fedora 33 x86_64

Secondary: Intel Xeon X5670, Nvidia GTX 660, 24 GB 1333 MT/s DDR3 Windows 10 Home x86_64

Server: Intel Xeon X5670, 60 GB 1333 MT/s DDR3-R Ubuntu Server 20.04.1 LTS x86_64

Laptop: Intel Core i5-3320M, 16 GB 1600 MT/s DDR3 Fedora 33 x86_64

2 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

If you can adjust the pwm curve for the pump, that's probably the best option. If not, then just lock it into 50% rpm or something. Ideally you want to find a sweet spot in terms of noise, cpu temps, and liquid temps. The hotter the liquid and pump temps are, the shorter its lifespan. 

Anywhere I can check the liquid temps? 

4 minutes ago, TheLUCKYfighter said:

Anywhere I can check the liquid temps? 

I'm not familiar with the fractal AIO specifically, but I know nzxt ones have software which typically show the temperature of the liquid. If there's no software like that, you could take a temperature probe and stick it into the radiator, then add a couple degrees to get a rough idea of the liquid temps.

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")