Electric Toothbrush Won't Charge?

paulyron

I have an old electric toothbrush I bought many years ago.  I replace the small toothblush replacement heads every half year or so.  The most important part is of course the bottom part of the electric toothbrush and the part it connects to... to charge it.

Few months ago, when i put the long toothbrush into the part to charge it, it would not charge.  When it does charge, you would see a flashing green light which indicates it is charging.  After like a week or a bit longer, it suddenly charged.  I do not know why but I thought it might have been me not putting it correctly into it.  

Now, I recently went to charge my toothbrush again and notice it did not charge.  Then I noticed... the part where you connect the toothbrush to... it was pretty gooey/watery so to speak and it was dirty.  Thus imagine you had some toothpaste dried out that went to that part.  But the thing is I had this happen many times before this.  This was when I already had it plugged in outlet and it didn't charge.  I then unplugged it from outlet, then took some napkin to wipe that area and then put my toothbrush into the slot and then plugged it into outlet... and it did not charge at all.  I tried moving the toothbrush different ways and it still doesn't charge.  Does anyone know what I can do?  Its an old oral B electric toothbrush and it works good when it does work.  But this is the second time I tried charging it... and it didn't charge.  Do I not touch it for few days or a week and then try to plug it in?  I like this electric toothbrush so I want to know how to fix it.

7 minutes ago, paulyron said:

I have an old electric toothbrush I bought many years ago. 

8 minutes ago, paulyron said:

Few months ago, when i put the long toothbrush into the part to charge it, it would not charge

Buy a new one

Consumer goods are engineered to fail after a certain amount of usage time.

• 2 weeks later...

Got another question.  Is it fine brushing your teeth with the electric toothbrush manually in the meantime?  Because people either use an electric toothbrush or use a long toothbrush.  It is fine to use the electric toothbrush the not working one manually as is?

My dentist (this was a LONG time ago so take it with a grain of salt) told me that manual brushing with an electric toothbrush isn't as good as just getting a cheap manual brush due to how the head is designed (its much smaller usually than manual toothbrushes) but that could have changed, ive been using a electric toothbrush with changeable heads for years now and it hasnt failed on me yet

Personally, I would buy a cheap manual toothbrush and just use that until you can get a new electric toothbrush.

They/Them

rgb go woosh woosh fps higher

Ryzen 5 3600X  | Asus ROG Strix B550-E | Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Edge | 32G DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Corsair RM750x | Corsair 4000D Airflow

Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red | Ducky Mecha Mini | Glorious Model D-

Nintendo Switch | Xbox One

6 hours ago, Devilish said:

I would buy a cheap manual toothbrush and just use that until you can get a new electric toothbrush.

Or use the electric toothbrush manually xD I agree with @Orange1 just buy a new one.