Computer shuts off and restarts during windows 10 installation

iaaaaa
Go to solution Solved by SEAL62,

Since the problem occurs only after a few minutes/load maybe check the thermals or if your SSD is bad.

Hi,

I've just built a new PC, and when installing windows from USB, my computer gets to the "getting files ready for installation" section, will get anywhere between 20% and 80% complete, and then restart, bringing me back to the first "Install now" screen. In a live linux environment, the computer will stay on for a few mins, and then freeze randomly. Does anybody know what this is caused by? The systems' specs are:

- Ryzen 5 1600x

- MSI a320m-a pro m2

- crucial 500gb nvme ssd

- Cooler master hyper 212 evo
- gtx 1050ti (known good- it's from my old system)

- 16gb corsair vengeance

- 500w areocool integrator

Thanks

Since the problem occurs only after a few minutes/load maybe check the thermals or if your SSD is bad.

Quote or tag me( @SEAL62 ) if you want me to see your reply

consider a reaction if I was funny, informative, helpful, or agreeable

CPU: Intel i9-9900K GPU: Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
AIO: Corsair H150i RGB Platinum RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3000MHz Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB PSU: Corsair RM750x White

HP Envy x360 Convertible

CPU: Intel i5-10210U GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 SSD: 512GB PCIe

36 minutes ago, iaaaaa said:

Hi,

I've just built a new PC, and when installing windows from USB, my computer gets to the "getting files ready for installation" section, will get anywhere between 20% and 80% complete, and then restart, bringing me back to the first "Install now" screen. In a live linux environment, the computer will stay on for a few mins, and then freeze randomly. Does anybody know what this is caused by? The systems' specs are:

- Ryzen 5 1600x

- MSI a320m-a pro m2

- crucial 500gb nvme ssd

- Cooler master hyper 212 evo
- gtx 1050ti (known good- it's from my old system)

- 16gb corsair vengeance

- 500w areocool integrator

Thanks

depending on the speed of your ram, if you're running xmp settings you may be having issues with stability out of box. I would try setting the xmp timings and voltages, but drop the speed back down to default ddr4 speed or run some memtest86 passes, if that's an original 1600x they were a bit temperamental with ram support. Could also just need a bios update to clear up the instability. If you're using a front usb header for the installation usb stick maybe try one of the back panel ports to see if your front panel cables are borked