Remove ram

Insert only 1 stick into a2

Install battery

Plug in

Turn on

Go to bios

Set boot setting

See what happens

Give a min if it may take longer than it normal feels in first boot.

So I was checking out ryzen master and I noticed that my ram was running at a super high cas latency (high 20’s) so I decided to go and see if my docp (xmp) profile was on and it wasn’t on so I turned it on, but then my pc wouldn’t boot and I’d have my ram light (motherboard trouble shooting light) stay on when I’d turn on my pc while it wouldn’t post. I’ve cleared cmos and got it to go back to bios but now it doesn’t detect a bootable drive which I’ve fixed before using the compatibility mode but now when I enable the setting I get my ram light stay on again and the only solution is to clear cmos again. That said when I enable the compatibility mode so it detects my nvme as a bootable device my docp profile is turned off.

I’ve tried using a single ram stick, clearing cmos, enabling docp again, changing what m.2 slot my nvme is on. I’m not sure what to do, thanks in advance for any help. This system has been running fine for a few months now.

Pc specs:

ryzen 3600

Asus tuf x570 wifi

gigabye 5600xt gaming oc

g-skill 3600mhz cl 16 2x8GB

crucial 1tb nvme

crosair cx750m 750watts 

Most of the times when there is no bootable device recognised it is because of a bad HDD/SSD, maybe check your M.2 SSD values and if that is ok, change out to another RAM

1 minute ago, SEAL62 said:

Most of the times when there is no bootable device recognised it is because of a bad HDD/SSD, maybe check your M.2 SSD values and if that is ok, change out to another RAM

How exactly do I check my m.2 values? As for trying out different ram I don’t have any other ram that I could use.

2 minutes ago, 7DeathFromAbove7 said:

How exactly do I check my m.2 values? As for trying out different ram I don’t have any other ram that I could use.

If you don't have a functioning computer and the right adapters for M.2 SSDs that is actually not really possible, but you could maybe try the RAM and/or drive from a friend/neighbour to validate if yours is malfunctioning.

Can you go to bios.

Boot

See if you have an option window uefi boot Manager. If you do set that as primary

13 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

Can you go to bios.

Boot

See if you have an option window uefi boot Manager. If you do set that as primary

I’ll try the uefi boot but yes I can get into my bios, that said even if I get in it, if I don’t do anything and exit, or shut down I can’t go back into bios without a clearing cmos.

Shut down. 

Shutoff psu

Unplug psu

Remove battery

Hold power button to turn on the system for 30 sec

Remove ram

Install battery

Plug in

Turn on

Go to bios

Set boot setting

See what happens

17 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

Shut down. 

Shutoff psu

Unplug psu

Remove battery

Hold power button to turn on the system for 30 sec

Remove ram

Install battery

Plug in

Turn on

Go to bios

Set boot setting

See what happens

Well that worked I’m now back into Windows, but as for my ram, what should I do so that the docp profile actually works? Do I set it to it but then increase the voltage or do I try a slower speed? I also did take the liberty to then add my other stick of ram and it booted back into Windows without any issues.

11 minutes ago, 7DeathFromAbove7 said:

Well that worked I’m now back into Windows, but as for my ram, what should I do so that the docp profile actually works? Do I set it to it but then increase the voltage or do I try a slower speed? I also did take the liberty to then add my other stick of ram and it booted back into Windows without any issues.

Need more info about your kit..

Just now, narrdarr said:

Need more info about your kit..

G-skill ripjaws v 3600mhz, 2x 8gb Cl16-19-19-39 1.35v

I would do a chipset driver update

And a bios update

Try docp again

If it doesn't work set timings and voltage manually

If that doesn't work raise voltage to 1.375

29 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

I would do a chipset driver update

And a bios update

Try docp again

If it doesn't work set timings and voltage manually

If that doesn't work raise voltage to 1.375

Well that worked, thanks for the help, it’s great appreciated 

Hello, same issue here. Been struggling with the memory at 2133Mhz cannot put it to DOCP, doesn’t boot.

MB: Asus TUF B450 plus, BIOS rev 2202 latest (17/07/2020), chipset updated to the latest version

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200Mhz, 2x8Gb

CPU: Ryzen 3600X ; ventirad Scythe Mugen 4 

GPU: Asus Dual RTX 2080 super 8Gb Evo V2

PSU: Seasonic 760W Platinum

Fractal R4 Titanium with 3 Noctua 140 for air flow

I have been trying to Taiphoon the RAM and calculate on DRAM calculator but applying the changes is beyond my current tech level.

By default the Asus bios puts the RAM at 2133Mhz.

If i put DOCP, It identifies the RAM specs correctly but I cannot boot. I tried to increase the voltage @1,4V, but I still cannot boot. 

Can somebody help me understand what am I doing wrong? Maybe handhold me through applying the DRAM calculator results in the Asus Bios?

Many thanks to the best tech community!

39BB14E0-6F6A-416C-A084-CBC7F1EBD7F8.jpeg

2 hours ago, Apeks said:

Hello, same issue here. Been struggling with the memory at 2133Mhz cannot put it to DOCP, doesn’t boot.

MB: Asus TUF B450 plus, BIOS rev 2202 latest (17/07/2020), chipset updated to the latest version

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200Mhz, 2x8Gb

CPU: Ryzen 3600X ; ventirad Scythe Mugen 4 

GPU: Asus Dual RTX 2080 super 8Gb Evo V2

PSU: Seasonic 760W Platinum

Fractal R4 Titanium with 3 Noctua 140 for air flow

I have been trying to Taiphoon the RAM and calculate on DRAM calculator but applying the changes is beyond my current tech level.

By default the Asus bios puts the RAM at 2133Mhz.

If i put DOCP, It identifies the RAM specs correctly but I cannot boot. I tried to increase the voltage @1,4V, but I still cannot boot. 

Can somebody help me understand what am I doing wrong? Maybe handhold me through applying the DRAM calculator results in the Asus Bios?

Many thanks to the best tech community!

39BB14E0-6F6A-416C-A084-CBC7F1EBD7F8.jpeg

Start your own thread. Tag me and

Can you post the taiphoon read results?