My system keeps shutting off without warning.

My system:

Psu: Thermaltake Smart 500w

Cpu:ryzen 5 2600

Ram:16 corsair lpx vengeance

Mobo: msi x470 gaming plus max 

Gpu: msi rx 570 8gb

Okay so my computer just turns off sometimes as though someone held the power button when I do things like run blender for more than 15mins or so. It isn't like my computer because my gpu doesn't get over 53c while doing blender.  The psu is brand new I got it last night because my last one that I had the fan was dieing. I think i am still within the 30 day warranty period for the ram, Mobo, and cpu. Does anyone have any idea at all?

If there is no BSOD and the computer just shuts down RMA the PSU.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

36 minutes ago, Rogerzz said:

PSU is probably bad. 

Agreed

Daily driver (looking to upgrade mobo and cpu spring of 2021)   --- The only time I sort by price from high to low is when I am shopping for CPU's and GPU's (looking for a cheap i7-7700k though)
Mobo: ASRock Z170 Extreme7+  CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6MHz OC  Cooling: Corsair H115i Hydro  Memory: TridentZ 32GB @ 3600MHz  GPU: EVGA 2070 FTW3 ULTRA+ (OC'd 50/300)  
PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 980 Pro 1TB, 950 PRO 512Mb, (2)ADATA SU800 1TB  Keyboard: Logitech G910  Mouse: Logitech G502   Headset: Logitech G930 UPS: APC Pro 1500 S

Unraid box providing network routing, home automation services, and media services ( I love unraid!)

USB Key: SanDisk 16GB Ultra Fit  Mobo: Intel DX79SR Extreme+  CPU: i7-3820  Memory: 16Gb Kingston HyperX Predator  Storage: (cache)480gb Micron SSD (1)8TB HDD (1) 4TB HDD  
GPU: MSI GTX 1650 4GT LP OC (passed through to Emby)  NIC: Intel I350-T4 4-port Gb (passed through to PFSense)  UPS: APC PRO 1000
Docker Containers: Emby and Home-Assistant-Core  Virtual machines: PFsense ( I love PFSense!)

Family machines
Mobo: Asus Prime H310M-E  CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F  Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx 400  Memory: Teamgroup Elite Plus DDR4 16GB  Storage: Silicon Power 1TB NVMe M.2  
GPU: Asus GTX 1660 Super 6GB or EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB  PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+  UPS: APC XS 1300

As well as a number of other machines, a ton of parts, miles of cables, and who knows what else!
Private message me for quicker assistance. I also build and ship custom machines at a really fair price.

It happened with the last psu as that one fan was dying so i bought the new psu.

7 minutes ago, Kacurran1232 said:

It happened with the last psu as that one fan was dying so i bought the new psu.

Exact same problem with both power supplies?

Daily driver (looking to upgrade mobo and cpu spring of 2021)   --- The only time I sort by price from high to low is when I am shopping for CPU's and GPU's (looking for a cheap i7-7700k though)
Mobo: ASRock Z170 Extreme7+  CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6MHz OC  Cooling: Corsair H115i Hydro  Memory: TridentZ 32GB @ 3600MHz  GPU: EVGA 2070 FTW3 ULTRA+ (OC'd 50/300)  
PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 980 Pro 1TB, 950 PRO 512Mb, (2)ADATA SU800 1TB  Keyboard: Logitech G910  Mouse: Logitech G502   Headset: Logitech G930 UPS: APC Pro 1500 S

Unraid box providing network routing, home automation services, and media services ( I love unraid!)

USB Key: SanDisk 16GB Ultra Fit  Mobo: Intel DX79SR Extreme+  CPU: i7-3820  Memory: 16Gb Kingston HyperX Predator  Storage: (cache)480gb Micron SSD (1)8TB HDD (1) 4TB HDD  
GPU: MSI GTX 1650 4GT LP OC (passed through to Emby)  NIC: Intel I350-T4 4-port Gb (passed through to PFSense)  UPS: APC PRO 1000
Docker Containers: Emby and Home-Assistant-Core  Virtual machines: PFsense ( I love PFSense!)

Family machines
Mobo: Asus Prime H310M-E  CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F  Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx 400  Memory: Teamgroup Elite Plus DDR4 16GB  Storage: Silicon Power 1TB NVMe M.2  
GPU: Asus GTX 1660 Super 6GB or EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB  PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+  UPS: APC XS 1300

As well as a number of other machines, a ton of parts, miles of cables, and who knows what else!
Private message me for quicker assistance. I also build and ship custom machines at a really fair price.

2 minutes ago, cr8tor said:

Exact same problem with both power supplies?

Basically when I use blender or cinebench for a little while it decides to just power off. In other words yes

Can you run a log for me with hwinfoi?

Download HWiNFO here - https://www.hwinfo.com/

When you open HWiNFO, choose the option for Sensors only, and if prompted, hit continue. 

Also if prompted, do not download the beta version.

How to create a log:

Open HWiNFO and choose sensors only.

Then in the bottom right there is an icon that looks like a spreadsheet with a green plus on it.

Click that button to start logging, the green plus will switch to a red X to let you know its saving data. 

It will also ask you for a file name and where to save it. I save them to my desktop, name it whatever you want.

Let it run until the machine powers off.  It should leave a log file where you specified.

You now have a log file to view and share.

How to view the log file if you want:

You can view the log using the GenericLogViewer addon here https://www.hwinfo.com/add-ons/

Download, extract, run GenericLogViewer.exe, click the open file button in the top right and point it to the log file you made above.

Use the dropdown in the upper right to choose which category to view

Family machines

5 minutes ago, cr8tor said:

Can you run a log for me with hwinfoi?

Download HWiNFO here - https://www.hwinfo.com/

When you open HWiNFO, choose the option for Sensors only, and if prompted, hit continue. 

Also if prompted, do not download the beta version.

How to create a log:

Open HWiNFO and choose sensors only.

Then in the bottom right there is an icon that looks like a spreadsheet with a green plus on it.

Click that button to start logging, the green plus will switch to a red X to let you know its saving data. 

It will also ask you for a file name and where to save it. I save them to my desktop, name it whatever you want.

Let it run until the machine powers off.  It should leave a log file where you specified.

You now have a log file to view and share.

How to view the log file if you want:

You can view the log using the GenericLogViewer addon here https://www.hwinfo.com/add-ons/

Download, extract, run GenericLogViewer.exe, click the open file button in the top right and point it to the log file you made above.

Use the dropdown in the upper right to choose which category to view

I run a couple cinebench to see if it does it again?

3 minutes ago, Kacurran1232 said:

Okay bear with me with but I was looking at the cpu portion but the first number said it was up to 100c but then it also said it wasn't thermal throttling could it be that the cpu is getting so hot that it just shuts off?

I replaced the thermal paste and it still was getting up into the mid 90s but then i disabled the game boost option so now my max is 73c. And with that option enabled the cpu was using 125w. Any suggestions for a cooler that would be able to cool it and wouldn't cost a ton. I don't have a huge preference for colors or whatever. My current configuration somehow has a black and white theme even though I never spent more for a certain colors.

2 hours ago, Kacurran1232 said:

yes, seems like you might have found your problem though.

Family machines

4 hours ago, Rogerzz said:

Hyper 212.

Thank you for your help, I will look around for one.