Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Potential pc build

that ram clock speed is quite low. zen 3's sweet spot is somewhere around 3600 MHz

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lichthof said:

that ram clock speed is quite low. zen 3's sweet spot is somewhere around 3600 MHz

I have edited it now. Does the rest look good?

Link to post
Share on other sites

it looks pretty solid. have you got the parts already? trying to buy a 5000 series cpu and 3000 series gpu now may be a tad difficult

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TheLesso said:

Get a tomahawk, it is better, and get a radeon 6800, will be much better

"I know a lot about a little, but a little about a lot"

Note that I am a student so what I say is based on what I read, and may not be the case for everyone.

I am not the best technician, so don't make fun

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lichthof said:

it looks pretty solid. have you got the parts already? trying to buy a 5000 series cpu and 3000 series gpu now may be a tad difficult

No i don't have them but iim not really in a hurry and i can't get graphics card before early next year anyway

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ankh tech tips said:

Get a tomahawk, it is better, and get a radeon 6800, will be much better

Im waiting to see how the radeon preforms. If it is good im going to buy that instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheLesso said:

Im waiting to see how the radeon preforms. If it is good im going to buy that instead.

Skip on msi for ryzen 5000, they have an issue with the new ryzen causing ram to run at much lower speeds, even with xmp, here is another thread about it:

"I know a lot about a little, but a little about a lot"

Note that I am a student so what I say is based on what I read, and may not be the case for everyone.

I am not the best technician, so don't make fun

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ankh tech tips said:

Skip on msi for ryzen 5000, they have an issue with the new ryzen causing ram to run at much lower speeds, even with xmp, here is another thread about it:

What motherboard whould you recomend then?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TheLesso said:

What motherboard whould you recomend then?

one sec

"I know a lot about a little, but a little about a lot"

Note that I am a student so what I say is based on what I read, and may not be the case for everyone.

I am not the best technician, so don't make fun

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ankh tech tips said:

Get a tomahawk, it is better, and get a radeon 6800, will be much better

The Tomahawk's not better than the Gaming Edge, and RDNA2 graphics cards are not released nor do we have reviews on them yet.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TheLesso said:

What motherboard whould you recomend then?

The Gigabyte x570 Aorus xtreme, is really good, and there is the asrock x570 creator, both with 10gb lan

"I know a lot about a little, but a little about a lot"

Note that I am a student so what I say is based on what I read, and may not be the case for everyone.

I am not the best technician, so don't make fun

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ankh tech tips said:

The Gigabyte x570 Aorus xtreme, is really good, and there is the asrock x570 creator, both with 10gb lan

They are a bit to expensive for me

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheLesso said:

They are a bit to expensive for me

Well, they are the only other boards with 10gb lan, otherwise, are you willing to get a 10g card?

"I know a lot about a little, but a little about a lot"

Note that I am a student so what I say is based on what I read, and may not be the case for everyone.

I am not the best technician, so don't make fun

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ankh tech tips said:

Well, they are the only other boards with 10gb lan, otherwise, are you willing to get a 10g card?

I don't need 10gb lan only the wifi

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheLesso said:

I don't need 10gb lan only the wifi

ok, so the asus tuf x570-plus (wifi) is good

"I know a lot about a little, but a little about a lot"

Note that I am a student so what I say is based on what I read, and may not be the case for everyone.

I am not the best technician, so don't make fun

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ankh tech tips said:

ok, so the asus tuf x570-plus (wifi) is good

That one could work

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheLesso said:

That one could work

Yeah, it's cheap and good, but if you are not gonna build right now, maybe you can wait until msi fixes the problem

"I know a lot about a little, but a little about a lot"

Note that I am a student so what I say is based on what I read, and may not be the case for everyone.

I am not the best technician, so don't make fun

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ankh tech tips said:

Yeah, it's cheap and good, but if you are not gonna build right now, maybe you can wait until msi fixes the problem

Yeah, but i was thinking about buying some parts at black friday becuase they would be cheaper so im think about getting the asus one istead

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheLesso said:

Yeah, but i was thinking about buying some parts at black friday becuase they would be cheaper so im think about getting the asus one istead

maybe, your choice

"I know a lot about a little, but a little about a lot"

Note that I am a student so what I say is based on what I read, and may not be the case for everyone.

I am not the best technician, so don't make fun

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ankh tech tips said:

maybe, your choice

I will see if msi have fixed when black friday comes along

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheLesso said:

I will see if msi have fixed when black friday comes along

yeah, because this is a big problem

"I know a lot about a little, but a little about a lot"

Note that I am a student so what I say is based on what I read, and may not be the case for everyone.

I am not the best technician, so don't make fun

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×