Whats a good monitor around $160 for general web browsing and gaming?

themaniac

So I'm currently looking into getting a second monitor(er well a new main monitor) and I have never really payed attention to monitors for the longest of time. So I'm not too sure what to really look for. The only things I know for sure about, is I want it to be around 24", atleast 75hz, and be atleast 1080p as those are what my current monitor has

From some looking around I found the MSI Optix G24C which looks nice, its a slight bit above $160 but I can manage that. I also found the ASUS TUF Gaming VG24VQ which also seems nice and its a bit under $160 but thats with an MIR. 

So, is there any better monitors that I missed or are both of these good choices and if thats the case, which would be the better choice?

Edited by themaniac
Added the resolution i want and finished a sentence
Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

2 minutes ago, ZenBuilder said:

What resolution do you need?

Right, probably the most important thing and i forgot about it... I'm looking at 1080p, if theres a good 1440p monitor in the price range then all the better but 1080p is perfectly fine for me.

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

39 minutes ago, themaniac said:

So I'm currently looking into getting a second monitor(er well a new main monitor) and I have never really payed attention to monitors for the longest of time. So I'm not too sure what to really look for. The only things I know for sure about, is I want it to be around 24", atleast 75hz, and be atleast 1080p as those are what my current monitor has

From some looking around I found the MSI Optix G24C which looks nice, its a slight bit above $160 but I can manage that. I also found the ASUS TUF Gaming VG24VQ which also seems nice and its a bit under $160 but thats with an MIR. 

So, is there any better monitors that I missed or are both of these good choices and if thats the case, which would be the better choice?

Don't know if you would like it 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-vp247qg-23-6-led-fhd-freesync-monitor-black/6252819.p?skuId=6252819&ref=212&loc=1&ref=212&loc=BM01&gclid=CjwKCAiAqJn9BRB0EiwAJ1SztdcmvPEoNFXA43M4OheugV1MnJpAch6LMpiyen3tZ71U0loSHj-YdRoCfmIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08D3Y5PFZ/ref=mh_s9_acss_cg_ACPCMNT_3b1_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=mobile-hybrid-2&pf_rd_r=SF67098S7RTYR88KR66X&pf_rd_t=1201&pf_rd_p=11a1ecee-88d7-4e5e-82cf-d60b712c9501&pf_rd_i=1292115011

43 minutes ago, themaniac said:

So, is there any better monitors that I missed or are both of these good choices and if thats the case, which would be the better K would say

I would say if you want to choose between the 2 go for the msi one the ASUS TUF Gaming VG24VQ is kinda overpriced.

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, ZenBuilder said:

I was looking for that one

I'd buy it asap. It was featured in a YT video so stock will be depleted soon.

1 hour ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

I'd buy it asap. It was featured in a YT video so stock will be depleted soon.

What YT video like in a famous YT channel

42 minutes ago, ZenBuilder said:

What YT video like in a famous YT channel

I don't think he's famous, but 200k view later there's only one in stock. TechSource is the channel.

1 minute ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

I don't think he's famous, but 200k view later there's only one in stock. TechSource is the channel.

The dude has almost 3 mil subs no wonder it ran of stock