Cheap tripod to be used with a phone.

Go to solution Solved by RTX 3090,

I got this one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZOMEI-Aluminium-Pro-Camera-Tripod-Heavy-Duty-For-Camcorder-Phone-Canon-Nikon/353238667944?

Its the only cheap one I found that sturdy.

I also had the one in your picture, and the clips broke in a few days and the metal bent all over the place, the zomei one is a lot stronger and taller too

Looking for a cheap tripod around 10£ ideally from Amazon or eBay. I'm going to use with my phone and this mount. I don't plan to use it outside my home that much and portability isn't a must. Ideally I want it to be able to extend to around 1m or so in height. 

Screenshot_20201106_165953_com_ebay.mobile.thumb.png.1b1161314a2c2bb0167608c4cc7b3f64.png

Originally I had ordered this tripod of ebay but one of the plastic clips was broken so I ended up returning it. Screenshot_20201106_170230_com_ebay.mobile.png.8462ac7c8f5c0199bd4ccc959455a26e.png

I got this one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZOMEI-Aluminium-Pro-Camera-Tripod-Heavy-Duty-For-Camcorder-Phone-Canon-Nikon/353238667944?

I also had the one in your picture, and the clips broke in a few days and the metal bent all over the place, the zomei one is a lot stronger and taller too

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

2 hours ago, RTX 3090 said:

I got this one

Is this one good? It's the same "brand" just a different color, I think.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZOMEI-Aluminium-Portable-Travel-Camera-Tripod-For-Camcorder-Phone-Canon-Nikon-OS/333763531003?hash=item4db5db50fb%3Ag%3A0BQAAOSwOxtfkr~-&LH_BIN=1

14 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Yeah, it's the same one just painted in a  different colour

BTW it does not come with a phone mount adapter, but you can get them for £2 in eBay also

1 minute ago, RTX 3090 said:

Yeah, it's the same one just painted in a  different colour

BTW it does not come with a phone mount adapter, but you can get them for £2 in eBay also

Yeah I ordered it already with the phone mount. Thanks for the help.

@RTX 3090

I got the tripod today, it's pretty good, but it has one small issue, the quick release thing that you pull to remove the plate has a screw that loosens a little bit each time I use it, so it ended up coming out with the spring and had to put it back together, not a big issue since I can tighten that screw every now and again when necessary but I was wondering if you had a similar issue or not. Also what does the nipple on the plate do? Does it have any purpose?

IMG_20201111_140315.thumb.jpg.d6b4d86a12985409577ac9bdfc5f4866.jpg

7 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

. Also what does the nipple on the plate do? Does it have any purpose?

It is required for some cameras that have a space for it