Is updating to newest version of Windows worth it by now?

TukangUsapEmenq

I currently staying on 1909 in fear of compatibility and stability issues (as lots of articles said before) on my laptop as it's my daily driver, and I don't wanna mess it, and even recommending the same to others to stay on 1909 because of that. As the title said, is it good to go for 2004, or even 20H2?

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

I am always using the latest windows version and i have not had any compatibility or other issues. Seeing that your hardware is not that old it shouldn't bring up problems. But if you fear it could bring problems, read about the changes and then decide if you even want or need the new version.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

-> Moved toWindows

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You can always find some differences, sometimes annoying, sometimes good. It all depends on how many programs do you use. Differences may be very small, but if you're talking about hardware or software compatibility, you're safe to upgrade. 

18 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved toWindows

Whoops, my bad mod. Thanks anyway.

11 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

You can always find some differences, sometimes annoying, sometimes good. It all depends on how many programs do you use. Differences may be very small, but if you're talking about hardware or software compatibility, you're safe to upgrade. 

5 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

I am always using the latest windows version and i have not had any compatibility or other issues. Seeing that your hardware is not that old it shouldn't bring up problems. But if you fear it could bring problems, read about the changes and then decide if you even want or need the new version.

It's actually not the hardware itself is the problem, but the softwares that I use (which is.... *black ship*, somehow, because the price's just way out of reach on me), some of them I kept them on lotta older version (like 5 years ago) as the newer one would need a lotta higher requirements.

4 hours ago, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

2004 is fine

And not too that much difference than 1909, somehow?

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

3 minutes ago, dhannemon13 said:

And not too that much difference than 1909, somehow?

For starters i didn't notice any difference in my daily use. If i didn't see the update thing going on when shutting down my PC i wouldn't even know it's the new version running. I've never even read what's new.

Edit: Just remembered, the only thing i noticed was the new Edge Chromium browser, which i absolutely love and now use as my main browser.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Just made image of your current system using Macrium Reflect, upgrade Windows, test it by yourself and, if you find any problems, restore image.

53 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

For starters i didn't notice any difference in my daily use. If i didn't see the update thing going on when shutting down my PC i wouldn't even know it's the new version running. I've never even read what's new.

Edit: Just remembered, the only thing i noticed was the new Edge Chromium browser, which i absolutely love and now use as my main browser.

Well, the new Edge's actually good somehow, thank god Chromium's actually in this world and it's open-source. Can't still use that tho since Vivaldi is still just suitable for me.

14 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Just made image of your current system using Macrium Reflect, upgrade Windows, test it by yourself and, if you find any problems, restore image.

Good idea, actually. Might try on such thing later.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

Audio