New 5800x build is not posting

ClearlyAzn

Bought the 5800x today because I decided to redo my entire build, going from the 6700k.

Started putting it together, however when I went to test it to see if it would post, I wouldn't appear on the screen. Fans are on and everything. Made sure they were in the correct slots and I tried single channel.
An Orange light flicked on saying it was a DRAM issue. I have a 32GB (2x16) kit from Crucial that im bringing over from my old build and it has been working fine since. I had a 16GB (2x8) lying around so I tried to see if that worked but nothing.

I heard I had to update BIOS for the new 5000 chips, but I don't know how to do that without it posting to BIOS.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Part List:
Ryzen 7 5800x
ASUS TUF GAMING X570- PLUS WIFI
Crucial Ballistix Gaming 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit BL2K16G32C16U4B- Black

You'll need a compatible chip to boot the board to update the BIOS if there isn't a BIOS Flashback option on the board where you stick in a USB and it updates the BIOS without a CPU installed. I can't check on that board right now but you could call up the store where you got the CPU from and see if they'll do a BIOS update for a few bucks worst case.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

It's B450 all over again! I really wish AMD released a new chipset with these chips.....

You don't have the FlashBack option on this board, so you need an older Gen Cpu to update the bios to Agesa code 1.0.8.0 or 1.1.0.0.

What is the motherboard and previous CPU?

Sorry missed the Specs, the Motherboard is the wifi version of my own and unless you bought it in the last few days would need a bios update. There are downloads on Asus website with instructions in the support section

6 hours ago, ClearlyAzn said:

Bought the 5800x today because I decided to redo my entire build, going from the 6700k.

Started putting it together, however when I went to test it to see if it would post, I wouldn't appear on the screen. Fans are on and everything. Made sure they were in the correct slots and I tried single channel.
An Orange light flicked on saying it was a DRAM issue. I have a 32GB (2x16) kit from Crucial that im bringing over from my old build and it has been working fine since. I had a 16GB (2x8) lying around so I tried to see if that worked but nothing.

I heard I had to update BIOS for the new 5000 chips, but I don't know how to do that without it posting to BIOS.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Part List:
Ryzen 7 5800x
ASUS TUF GAMING X570- PLUS WIFI
Crucial Ballistix Gaming 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit BL2K16G32C16U4B- Black

I am having the exact same issue.  My build is almost identical:

Ryzen 7 5800x

ASUS TUF Gaming X570

Nighthawk T-Force 8GB DDR 4000

XPG SX8200 Pro M.2 2280 SSD

Going to try and flashback with the 10/23 BIOS update I suppose....

Yes a bios update is needed

Ryzen cpus also don't have an on board gpu. You'll need a gpu installed in order to post.