Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for a 3rd monitor for my laptop setup

Could you provide more details of what you'd use this monitor for? Are you using it for gaming, or is this for productivity? Would you be viewing the display from very off-axis or relatively straight-on? How big do you want it to be? Please provide additional details so this forum can help you the best.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

Well the adapters alone are gonna use a third of your budget and your laptop has to support it. I wouldn't bother.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.2GHz @ 1.35V (courtesy of @XR6)Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 6x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: H100i V2, be quiet! Pure Wings 2 (two intake, two exhausting through radiator) Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Fiio FH1S

i use arch btw

9 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Well the adapters alone are gonna use a third of your budget and your laptop has to support it. I wouldn't bother.

i want a monitor for that price

8 minutes ago, Matthew51 said:

i want a monitor for that price

25 minutes ago, Matthew51 said:

i need a usb A to hdmi adapter and a monitor around $150

You said you wanted an adapter and a monitor for $150 lol. USB A to HDMI adapters are pretty damn expensive and again, your computer has to support it (iirc).

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.2GHz @ 1.35V (courtesy of @XR6)Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 6x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: H100i V2, be quiet! Pure Wings 2 (two intake, two exhausting through radiator) Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Fiio FH1S

i use arch btw

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

You said you wanted an adapter and a monitor for $150 lol. USB A to HDMI adapters are pretty damn expensive and again, your computer has to support it (iirc).

oh i was just trying to say that i dont have 2 outputs