USB 1.0 header on 2.0 port?

Psittac

I don't know if this is the correct forum to put this in, but does anyone know how to hook a 5-pin usb header to a usb 2.0 port on a mb?  Or rather I should say can you do that?

Jayztwocents did a video on a custom screen for your case and he mentioned that a usb header to micro usb cable made it much easier, all I can find are 5-pin to micro usb.  All it has to do is supply power.

I've wanted to do something like this for a decade and a half but back then it was way way more difficult and I kind of gave up on the idea until now.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

If you follow the pinout and make sure you don't short anything, I don't see why you couldn't do it.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Yes, you just connect it to one side of the USB 2 header on your motherboard. The header supports 2 ports, and the cable would only use half of the header. It's commonly seen with things like internal card readers that connect through USB. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

2 hours ago, Psittac said:

I don't know if this is the correct forum to put this in, but does anyone know how to hook a 5-pin usb header to a usb 2.0 port on a mb?  Or rather I should say can you do that?

Jayztwocents did a video on a custom screen for your case and he mentioned that a usb header to micro usb cable made it much easier, all I can find are 5-pin to micro usb.  All it has to do is supply power.

I've wanted to do something like this for a decade and a half but back then it was way way more difficult and I kind of gave up on the idea until now.

you can get a 9pin or use a 5 pin like said above it can have 2 usb ports per internal usb header.

hears a micro usb

heres a Mini USB 5pin

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links