Has the B550 Aorus Pro usb issues been fixed?

I've been looking at buying the Aorus pro b550 but saw people were having pretty terrible issues with the rear usb. I saw on article mention that the issue may have been resolved by a windows update of all things. Can anyone provide more information?

Update 2: (Issue Solved - Probably) An anonymous user (now we know he is Matt) reached out saying that he solved the issue by updating his Windows (to Windows 10 2004) and all of the drivers to the latest versions available. Since then he has not had any USB issues even on the USB 2.0 ports. You guys should try it out. I do not have a motherboard on hand to look into it so I cannot confirm it myself but you guys should definitely try it out. If this solves your issue do reach out to us and let us know either by commenting down in the comments section below or through our email that you can find in the contact us page.

Update 3: It has been a week since we posted (Update 2) that Matt seems to have solved the problem by updating everything from BIOS to Windows to Drivers to the latest versions, today he reached out again to confirm that his board is still working fine without any issues. I suggest all of you who are facing the USB issue to update all drivers and BIOS and Windows OS to the latest version available.

Souce: https://www.pcseekers.tech/2020/08/gigabyte-b550-aorus-pro-usb-issues.html

Also, it was rumored the issue occurred mostly when using XMP settings with memory. This I'm sure you've read.

Some of the USB ports are Cpu bound and others chipset bound. So XMP effects the Cpu bound USB ports mostly.

However-

The best way to avoid this issue, is to simply do not buy this motherboard. Pick a different one.

I agree, I was planning to buy a different mobo, likely the Strix F Gaming. But if someone could confirm a solution the Aorus Pro would have been nice. Thanks for the response! 

On 11/4/2020 at 9:59 AM, datguy122 said:

I agree, I was planning to buy a different mobo, likely the Strix F Gaming. But if someone could confirm a solution the Aorus Pro would have been nice. Thanks for the response! 

Hey I am in the same boat. Had pretty much decided on getting the B550 Aorus Pro, but I read about those USB issues and it put me in a fix. I am now considering B550-F as well. Even B550-F has a problem where its LAN driver had issues. But seems like it is fixed with new firmware.

I have the same problem with the Aorus B550 Master.  I am using XMP 4000mhz.  When I use a USB 3.0 Thumb drive the problem occurs.  Unplug the drive and all is good again!   Windows V 19042.  I'll see if updating to the latest makes a difference.

• 2 months later...

According to Gigabyte, the latest BIOS for this board (F11) fixes the problem.

Link to BIOS: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_b550-aorus-pro_f11.zip

Release notes:

1. Update AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.1.0.0 D
  2. Performance optimized on Ryzen 5000 series processors
  3. Add Re-size bar option for AMD Smart Access Memory support
  4. Improve connection stability for USB 2.0 ports of USB hub
  5. Improve system stability

I am going to install it right now and see if things get better... I'm excited!

On 1/12/2021 at 12:19 AM, Bobbize said:

According to Gigabyte, the latest BIOS for this board (F11) fixes the problem.

Link to BIOS: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_b550-aorus-pro_f11.zip

Release notes:

1. Update AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.1.0.0 D
  2. Performance optimized on Ryzen 5000 series processors
  3. Add Re-size bar option for AMD Smart Access Memory support
  4. Improve connection stability for USB 2.0 ports of USB hub
  5. Improve system stability

I am going to install it right now and see if things get better... I'm excited!

Did this work? 

• 2 weeks later...

It still in F11.. and now..they said they fix it.. in F12 and remove the F11 from the page. but still... its still happend and really a disapointing things to happen while you play shooting games.
Now im going to try to turn off the C-State. i hope its fix it as im not OC anything.

Realized that.. i turn off the C-state in Bios. save it. saw like no diffrent. and when i recheck the BIOS setting.. the C-state is actualy still On. 
seem like turing it off manualy seem like a waste of time coz its dosent saved. so.. the USB random restart is still.. somtime worst where you cant even use your mouse and keyboard oir anyother USB device connected.. really bad for my streaming. if there is no fix for this.. im regret upgrading to R75800x with B550M Aorus PRO. 

I have the B550 Master, running the F12 bios and it still happening big time as in multiple times every hour. Every few minutes and sometimes. It's very frustrating especially when working remotely, with conference calls and so on.

I want to note that a 13a has been released, but with no mention of the USB. 

I'm nearing a point where I must consider the board defective and recommend everyone steers far away from it.

EDIT: 

Updated to 13a / updated all drivers / disabled C-thingy in Bios .. I still have many many problems