New Raspberry Pi - The 400. Fastest Yet. Oh and it's in a keyboard.

DevscoverOnYouTube

I have a Pi 2 B or B+.

Some Pi 2 B model that doesn't have a heat sink.

It has been through a lot with me, including getting me second place in my 6th grade science fair.

Anyone else think the GPIO pins on the back look like an IDE connector?

elephants

If only it was a mechanical keyboard...

Oh, and I'd love it if it can connect both to the PC to be that PC's keyboard and to the Pi.

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | EVGA RTX 3060 Ti | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

wasted oportunity to make it look like a C64 or better a ZX spectrum

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

On 11/3/2020 at 6:43 AM, suicidalfranco said:

wasted oportunity to make it look like a C64 or better a ZX spectrum

IMO, the Pi is always a wasted opportunity.

Solution in search of a problem.

AIO Keyboard design's are probably at least a better concept than AIO Monitor/TV's (smartTV's), because you can at least buy a new one cheaper than the TV. This Pi keyboard concept however doesn't really do anything but shift the form factor to a toy keyboard rather than being the toy itself.

The right target form factor should have been somewhere between the C64 and the Apple II, where the Keyboard is the chassis, but the chassis can be opened to slot in other boards, which would mean the orientation of the Pi inside would need to be like that of a desktop PC in desktop orientation with the board along the left or right side, and nothing but empty space. 

Instead it looks like this:

keyboard-lg-ea472ffb3ec4abfece72ef3d87eb

This should have at least recessed the GPIO and put a cover over it, or even put it on the side like on an Amiga 500. Anything put on this device will obstruct the neighboring SD card slot, which should have been put on the other side, or on the front.

I also doubt this keyboard will last very long as typical low-profile laptop-style keyboards tend to not be durable to anything.

Certainly a great gift for kids.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition