New Raspberry Pi - The 400. Fastest Yet. Oh and it's in a keyboard.

DevscoverOnYouTube

Summary

Its the fastest Pi yet, with a 1.8ghz processor.

It comes in just the 4gb variant (the pi 4 comes in 2, 4 and 😎

It's inside a keyboard

Quotes

Your complete personal computer, built into a compact keyboard

My thoughts

Well I did not see this coming. Who says "Oh I love the pi but wouldn't it be great if it was INSIDE the keyboard". Having said that, it makes my desk a whole lot cleaner.

Sources

The YT video I found it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLe8wWjx33Y

Official Page - https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-400/?resellerType=home

its just a pi 4 in a keyboard and a bit higher clock

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

5 minutes ago, mahyar said:

its just a pi 4 in a keyboard and a bit higher clock

Well, there's also a big chunk of aluminium coupled to the CPU acting as a very big heatsink. That's a useful addition, even if nothing ground-breaking.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

7 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Well, there's also a big chunk of aluminium coupled to the CPU acting as a very big heatsink. That's a useful addition, even if nothing ground-breaking.

thats because formfactor change but internals are same

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

2 minutes ago, mahyar said:

thats because formfactor change but internals are same

Did you mean to reply to someone else? I didn't say anything about the RPi's specs.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

it's an interesting concept, i suppose the gpio header location would allow for "commodore style expansion cartridges", and the newer chip would finally mean we can go past 2GHz on a pi...

what's also interesting, is that the new compute module has that same newer chip, so for the people who dont feel much for the keyboard, the compute module has baisctly the same performance advantages.

I can see this being useful for educational stuff but other than that, I don't really get the point.

Just get a regular Pi and you will have far more flexibility.

33 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I can see this being useful for educational stuff but other than that, I don't really get the point.

Just get a regular Pi and you will have far more flexibility.

Well it's also an option as "my first computer" for kids.

While a normal Pi would also be a solid option for this, this one is faster and still nicely priced.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I think its pretty cool, for about £100 you get everything you need. Comes with the keyboard/pi combo (computer), power brick, mini HDMI to HDMI cable, mouse, 16GB memory card, even a programming guide.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

9 minutes ago, sof006 said:

I think its pretty cool, for about £100 you get everything you need. Comes with the keyboard/pi combo (computer), power brick, mini HDMI to HDMI cable, mouse, 16GB memory card, even a programming guide.

Also the 16GB SD card has a OS already installed. this one requires no setup or knowledge to get started.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

It's cool, I just don't understand the point really. You still need a monitor and they are so small you can just use a wireless keyboard/mouse and tape it to the back of your monitor out of sight.

Somebody misses the c64 I think

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 hours ago, DevscoverOnYouTube said:

It's inside a keyboard

Your complete personal computer, built into a compact keyboard

Well I did not see this coming. Who says "Oh I love the pi but wouldn't it be great if it was INSIDE the keyboard". Having said that, it makes my desk a whole lot cleaner.

Great, it took more than 30 years for the industry to go back to my first computer

Spoiler

fullsizeoutput_119b.jpeg&f=1&nofb=1

:P 

how much is it?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 × micro HDMI ports (supports up to 4Kp60)

I'd have preferred 1x full size HDMI. I'm not sure I'd have a use for two monitors on a Pi, in many cases 0 monitors is enough. But when I need it, I do not want to deal with the Connector from Hell, nor with the Adapters of the Apocalypse needed for the most likely full HDMI cables I'd plug there...

Many people complain about micro-USB being fragile, but micro-HDMI is the only connector I had to be completely finicky from first use (mostly because no micro-HDMI cable, and the micro-HDMI connector just can't sustain the weight of the Adapters of the Apocalypse).

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

how much is it?

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-400/?resellerType=home

Click "Buy now" and you will see the prices in online shops.

PC #1 : Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI | i7-7700 | Cryorig C7 Cu | 32GB DDR4-2400 | LSI SAS 9211-8i | 240GB NVMe M.2 PCIe PNY CS2030 | SSD&HDDs 59.5TB total | Quantum LTO5 HH SAS drive | GC-Alpine Ridge | Corsair HX750i | Cooler Master Stacker STC-T01 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 2560x1440 @ 60 Hz (plugged HDMI port, shared with PC #2) | Win10
PC #2 : Gigabyte MW70-3S0 | 2x E5-2689 v4 | 2x Intel BXSTS200C | 32GB DDR4-2400 ECC Reg | MSI RTX 3080 Ti Suprim X | 2x 1TB SSD SATA Samsung 870 EVO | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li PC-A77 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 2560x1440 @ 144 Hz (plugged DP port, shared with PC #1) | Win10
PC #3 : Mini PC Zotac 4K | Celeron N3150 | 8GB DDR3L 1600 | 250GB M.2 SATA WD Blue | Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB | Samsung Blu-ray writer USB | Genius SP-HF1800A | TV Panasonic TX-40DX600E UltraHD | Win10
PC #4 : ASUS P2B-F | PIII 500MHz | 512MB SDR 100 | Leadtek WinFast GeForce 256 SDR 32MB | 2x Guillemot Maxi Gamer 3D² 8MB in SLI | Creative Sound Blaster AWE64 ISA | 80GB HDD UATA | Fortron/Source FSP235-60GI | Zalman R1 | DELL E151FP 15" TFT 1024x768 | Win98SE

Laptop : Lenovo ThinkPad T460p | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 2133 | GeForce 940MX | 240GB SSD PNY CS900 | 14" IPS 1920x1080 | Win11

PC tablet : Fujitsu Point 1600 | PMMX 166MHz | 160MB EDO | 20GB HDD UATA | external floppy drive | 10.4" DSTN 800x600 touchscreen | AGFA SnapScan 1212u blue | Win98SE

Laptop collection #1 : IBM ThinkPad 340CSE | 486SLC2 66MHz | 12MB RAM | 360MB IDE | internal floppy drive | 10.4" DSTN 640x480 256 color | Win3.1 with MS-DOS 6.22

Laptop collection #2 : IBM ThinkPad 380E | PMMX 150MHz | 80MB EDO | NeoMagic MagicGraph128XD | 2.1GB IDE | internal floppy drive | internal CD-ROM drive | Intel PRO/100 Mobile PCMCIA | 12.1" FRSTN 800x600 16-bit color | Win98

Laptop collection #3 : Toshiba T2130CS | 486DX4 75MHz | 32MB EDO | 520MB IDE | internal floppy drive | 10.4" STN 640x480 256 color | Win3.1 with MS-DOS 6.22

And 6 others computers (Intel Compute Stick x5-Z8330, Giada Slim N10 WinXP, 2 Apple classic and 2 PC pocket WinCE)

50 minutes ago, X-System said:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-400/?resellerType=home

Click "Buy now" and you will see the prices in online shops.

im in US but I looked at pimornoni's price for the UK. comes out to about $122 USD. 

Seems kinda high? 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Somebody misses the c64 I think

Not the c64 but I immediately thought of old computers that had their keyboard and processing stuff in one device 

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

Would need to figure out a decent mounting system for it for the use case I have.

Only have a 2GB pi4 at present.   Won't be useful in a stacked multi-pi scenario (could be done for laughs I guess)

Alienware Area 51m 2019:  RTX 2060 | i7-9700 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance (2x16GB) 2666 | 1TB 970 EVO | 240GB Corsair Force MP510.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=812790

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NZKshatriya/saved/

BACKUP SYSTEM:  ASUS Prime X470 PRO | Ryzen 5 1600 | G.skill FORTIS 16GB(2x8GB) 2400 | SanDisk SDSSDA 120GB | EVGA SuperNOVA GA 850 | HAF-XB-EVO

It's 100 bucks at pishop.us

Alienware Area 51m 2019:  RTX 2060 | i7-9700 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance (2x16GB) 2666 | 1TB 970 EVO | 240GB Corsair Force MP510.

BACKUP SYSTEM:  ASUS Prime X470 PRO | Ryzen 5 1600 | G.skill FORTIS 16GB(2x8GB) 2400 | SanDisk SDSSDA 120GB | EVGA SuperNOVA GA 850 | HAF-XB-EVO

2 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I'd have preferred 1x full size HDMI. I'm not sure I'd have a use for two monitors on a Pi, in many cases 0 monitors is enough. But when I need it, I do not want to deal with the Connector from Hell, nor with the Adapters of the Apocalypse needed for the most likely full HDMI cables I'd plug there...

Many people complain about micro-USB being fragile, but micro-HDMI is the only connector I had to be completely finicky from first use (mostly because no micro-HDMI cable, and the micro-HDMI connector just can't sustain the weight of the Adapters of the Apocalypse).

could always 3d print a solution to remove strain on the connectors

1 hour ago, NZKshatriya said:

could always 3d print a solution to remove strain on the connectors

Got to have a 3d printer though.  And be able to use it, at which point other possibilities for a pi become viable.  A $100 it’s gud’nuff computer is a low end consumer item, not a “well I’ll just warm up my 3d printer and fix that” item.

I agree with the assessment.  Those asinine ports are not for 90% of buyers

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.