Has someone revamp the forum?

Chiyawa

Today, the forum looked a little odd. Has someone revamp the forum?

The Pin / Tact icon is hard to spot using dark theme, but other than that, the interface is much cleaner.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

3 minutes ago, Orange1 said:

Its been redone, yes.

I dont like the new design.

I see.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

@Chiyawa Please see the following for information on the recent Forum update.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

@Chiyawa Please see the following for information on the recent Forum update.

Ooo, thanks. I was just surprised some of the interfaces had changed.

3 hours ago, PeachGr said:

Now i can't see readen from :(
Also on phone it looks bad

Please give more exact feedback. Things can be changed if they are brought up and others agree. Mortis has already changed couple of things due feedback.

-> Moved to Forum Suggestions

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

Please give more exact feedback. Things can be changed if they are brought up and others agree. Mortis has already changed couple of things due feedback.

-> Moved to Forum Suggestions

i would but usualy i am the strange one that not many agree with my choises of style.
Well i use a dark mode on Firefox and the forum looks "flat"
Those resaults vary from browser to browser and dark mode extention everyone uses, but here is a look of mine
ab6b5c797e0f0e42f43248217ee4d394.pnghttps://gyazo.com/ab6b5c797e0f0e42f43248217ee4d394

54 minutes ago, PeachGr said:

i would but usualy i am the strange one that not many agree with my choises of style.
Those resaults vary from browser to browser and dark mode extention everyone uses, but here is a look of mine

The flat style is design choice and comes from forum software developers. Now, if there are more specific things, like contrast issues or something like that, those can be tweaked.

See:

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, PeachGr said:

Now i can't see readen from :(
Also on phone it looks bad

Definitely something I've noticed in other forums too, forum software gets revamped, usually for better usability on mobile = result is everything looks cluttered, becomes harder to read and to navigate, some things break and never get fixed "because the forum software doesn't allow it". 

It's one of the reasons forums are dying and people use things like discord instead, even though forums would be better in theory for some things, but they were often improved to the point of being unusable hence no one uses them. 

And I'm not talking necessarily about *this* forum, the administration here seems to at least care about a good experience and usability, this is more of a general observation, even though it's partly applicable to the recent update here as well. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

9 hours ago, PeachGr said:

ab6b5c797e0f0e42f43248217ee4d394.pnghttps://gyazo.com/ab6b5c797e0f0e42f43248217ee4d394

Why are you using a dark mode extension rather than the forum's built in dark theme?

HTTP/2 203

22 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Why are you using a dark mode extension rather than the forum's built in dark theme?

Well, you didn't ask me but I'm also using the dark mode of my browser (it's called high contrast mode) just to escape all the grey and also it makes things more readable to me, probably because the contrast is much better) 

2015859389_Screenshot_20201103-004422_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.1e1aa6224ca88bcb35b6df7ad9fd2bda.jpg

I mean I would ask for a "black" forum theme, but it's probably not going to happen, heh. 

Edit: of course it's messing up some of the spacing and paddings of websites unfortunately, for example Amazon is nearly unusable in this mode... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity