High ram usage

PatrikYT_98
Go to solution Solved by WaggishOhio383,
1 minute ago, PatrikYT_98 said:

its razer synapse (if i stop that task my rgb on my keyboard will stop working)

I've never used any of razer's software myself, but it definitely doesn't seem right to me that it should be using over a gigabyte of RAM just to control the RGB on your keyboard. Does the app do other things besides that? If so you might could disable those extra features if you don't use them.

What apps do you have set to run at startup in task manager? You might could disable some of the ones you don't need running all the time to free up some RAM when you aren't using them.

Looks like you have a lot of random background tasks running. Whatever that GameManagerService thing is, it's also eating up a good GB of ram. Definitely not the only app causing problems though since you should only be seeing around 3-4GB usage at idle with a few background tasks running. Might be time for a fresh Windows install to clean up all that background junk.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

1 minute ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Looks like you have a lot of random background tasks running. Whatever that GameManagerService thing is, it's also eating up a good GB of ram. Definitely not the only app causing problems though since you should only be seeing around 3-4GB usage at idle with a few background tasks running. Might be time for a fresh Windows install to clean up all that background junk.

1 minute ago, PatrikYT_98 said:

I've never used any of razer's software myself, but it definitely doesn't seem right to me that it should be using over a gigabyte of RAM just to control the RGB on your keyboard. Does the app do other things besides that? If so you might could disable those extra features if you don't use them.

What apps do you have set to run at startup in task manager? You might could disable some of the ones you don't need running all the time to free up some RAM when you aren't using them.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

5 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

ok I disabled some apps at startup and now it is around 6.4gb at idle and that seems ok because I have a lot of background apps

Just now, PatrikYT_98 said:

ok I disabled some apps at startup and now it is around 6.4gb at idle and that seems ok because I have a lot of background apps

Open your start menu and type in Background Apps. Disable pretty much them all. That will also help you as well. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card