Are 6 core cpus worth it?

Basically should is spend the extra on a six core. I'm assuming that 8c/16t is going to become the standard. But will it go from 4c/8t to 8c/16t 

yes with release of next gen consoles games will support more thread   

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

which cpu is it? for games single threaded performance is far more important than multi-core. 

If you judge a fish based on its ability to climb trees it will go its whole life thinking its a failure.

1 minute ago, Matty2048 said:

which cpu is it? for games single threaded performance is far more important than multi-core. 

I'm wanting a replacement for the xbox so it's going to get plugged into a tv. I mostly play city building rts and occasionally x games (all pretty cup heavy) 

Ryzen 3 3100 or Ryzen 5 2600 plan 

Budget is prity tight so the difference in price would mean more storage or ram 

1 minute ago, james8449834 said:

I'm wanting a replacement for the xbox so it's going to get plugged into a tv. I mostly play city building rts and occasionally x games (all pretty cup heavy) 

Ryzen 3 3100 or Ryzen 5 2600 plan 

Budget is prity tight so the difference in price would mean more storage or ram 

I would wait a bit and try to increase budget to like 200-150 for cpu, do you can grab a ryzen 5 3600. Whats your total budget?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler