Black Screens every few seconds when using my GPU

Milolo

Hello there!

While playing Black Desert Online, I tweaked my graphic settings. Suddenly I got black screens every few seconds. My monitor would pop black, go back to normal, pop black again, go back to normal and so on... It used to be fine but all of a sudden it just stopped working as intended. 

I googled very hard and tried about a trillion options, reinstalling drivers optimizing the system. Taking the card out and put it back in again. Everything I could think of.

So far I have narrowed it down to the fact that when deactivaten my graphics card in the device manager and let it run on the Microsoft Basic Display Driver that everything works fine.

Now, I'm a gamer. So those zero vram aren't gonna cut it. 

System: Windows 10 64Bit

Motherboard: ROG STRIX B360-F GAMING

CPU: I7-9700K @3.60Hz

GPU: Nvidia gtx 980 ti

PSU: 700 Watt

BIOS 0904 

Anyone have an idea, is my card really broken or could it be something else?

This might not be useful What I notice is the phrase “after I tweaked my display drivers”. Whereupon things suddenly got wonky.  What did you tweak?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Update your graphics driver from nvidea's website directly. Also make sure windows is updated. completely uninstall and then reinstall the game and then try running the game on the default graphics settings (without changing any settings) for a while to see if the problem stops. Also, try playing the game in windowed mode. Also you could try turning your pc completely of and unplugging it than reseating your ram. Also maybe think about replacing the thermal paste and possibly the thermal pads on your GPU as 980tis can run super hot and prolonged use over time can degrade the thermal conductivity of the paste and pads.