Cpu stopped won’t post

TrueV5

I was playing on my pc then I went to restart it so I can boot it into bios and it stopped posting. Then the cpu debug light came on. I’ve already tried reseating the cpu. Any reason it could just stop working?

Clear CMOS, try again.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Clear CMOS, try again.

I’ve already done so three times

Just now, TrueV5 said:

I’ve already done so three times

What are the specs of your system? Also, I somehow doubt you "just restarted" and it stopped working. What did you change?

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

What are the specs of your system? Also, I somehow doubt you "just restarted" and it stopped working. What did you change?

I didn’t change anything I was actually going to restart it to change stuff in the bios but it never posted once I restarted it

Just now, TrueV5 said:

I didn’t change anything I was actually going to restart it to change stuff in the bios but it never posted once I restarted it

Specs?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Everything works fine on the pc besides the fact it won’t post and the cpu debug light it on

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Specs?

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 4-core, 8-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Radeon RX Graphics

MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen 2ND and 3rd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 D-Sub DVI HDMI Micro-ATX Motherboard (B450M PRO-VDH Max)

tforce rgb ddr4 3000mhz 32gbs total 

480gb ssd 

and a 600w br evga psu

10 minutes ago, TrueV5 said:

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 4-core, 8-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Radeon RX Graphics

MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen 2ND and 3rd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 D-Sub DVI HDMI Micro-ATX Motherboard (B450M PRO-VDH Max)

tforce rgb ddr4 3000mhz 32gbs total 

480gb ssd 

and a 600w br evga psu

Try removing CMOS battery for 5 min then insert again. Remember to turn OFF PSU.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS49kdeN_npvsDriNqN-bq

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

Try removing CMOS battery for 5 min then insert again. Remember to turn OFF PSU.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS49kdeN_npvsDriNqN-bq

I will try it again but I’ve already done so

2 minutes ago, TrueV5 said:

I will try it again but I’ve already done so

Alright

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

18 minutes ago, TrueV5 said:

Everything works fine on the pc besides the fact it won’t post

So...nothing works?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

8 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Alright

Okay I decided to leave it cmos cleared for 10 mins and so far it seems to be working

1 minute ago, TrueV5 said:

Okay I decided to leave it cmos cleared for 10 mins and so far it seems to be working

Of course, I am DOCTOR 😁

FS in Denmark/EU:

Of course, I am DOCTOR 😁

Do u have any thoughts on what caused it tho?? And how I can avoid it in the future?

6 minutes ago, TrueV5 said:

Do u have any thoughts on what caused it tho?? And how I can avoid it in the future?

It's always best to shut down and then turn on again if you want to enter bios. Could be a short stop in power, while you where restarting, could be some bug. Could be a corrupt bios. I don't think you cleared CMOS correctly the first times, though. If you clear CMOS, then PSU should be off, unless you have a clear CMOS button on the rear I/O. I would try updating the BIOS to a newer one.

FS in Denmark/EU:

It's always best to shut down and then turn on again if you want to enter bios. Could be a short stop in power, while you where restarting, could be some bug. Could be a corrupt bios. I don't think you cleared CMOS correctly the first times, though. If you clear CMOS, then PSU should be off, unless you have a clear CMOS button on the rear I/O. I would try updating the BIOS to a newer one.

Okay thank you a lot for your help and I will try updating my bios. I’m also assuming I just didn’t keep the battery out long enough.

1 minute ago, TrueV5 said:

Okay thank you a lot for your help and I will try updating my bios. I’m also assuming I just didn’t keep the battery out long enough.

Oh yes a final thought. Could be a bad CMOS battery. Tried it ones a long time ago. Most of the time, only time was lost when booting up, but have tried corrupted BIOS as well. Just change it if you get any issues again. CR2032, should be $2 or something like that.

FS in Denmark/EU: