Is this a good PSU ?

yMaths

Hello everyone , 

Is this a good PSU ? Nox Hummer X750W 80 PLUS Gold Full Modular

15 minutes ago, yMaths said:

Hello everyone , 

Is this a good PSU ? Nox Hummer X750W 80 PLUS Gold Full Modular

According to the tier list spreadsheet, Hummer is based off of the CWT GPS, but this is no CWT:  https://www.razorman.net/reviewshardware/review-nox-hummer-x750w/4/

Then I look on 80 PLUS's website and see there are two versions.  There's the "GD" (https://clearesult5.sharepoint.com/sites/PLS/Shared Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?id=%2Fsites%2FPLS%2FShared Documents%2FNOX_NXHM750GD_750W_ECOS 4400.3_Report.pdf&parent=%2Fsites%2FPLS%2FShared Documents&p=true&originalPath=aHR0cHM6Ly9jbGVhcmVzdWx0NS5zaGFyZXBvaW50LmNvbS86Yjovcy9QTFMvRVRqYnJqSi1LNFZBcGJLREVsSjhjSHdCZGlHTmpsM3ZidmhYQWM5U0pwa2hzUT9ydGltZT1LWG1Dd3RaOTJFZw) and then the "non-GD" (I guess).

Which means this other version is NOT REALLY 80 PLUS Gold.

The internals look VERY anemic.  I have my doubts it can actually do 750W.  

I'm guessing you're in a South American country with limited selection and that's why you're considering an "unknown" like NOX. If you can find the "GD" version, that would be better because the CWT GPS is a known good platform.

On 11/1/2020 at 12:57 AM, jonnyGURU said:

According to the tier list spreadsheet, Hummer is based off of the CWT GPS,

Hummer GD is CWT GPS (at least what is shown in review), Hummer X isn't, it's SAMA Forza/Armor platform, similiar stuff to SPC Supremo L2/M2/FM2.

But regardless, we've recently detiered all NOX units because of report that they're doing review samples manipulation, shipping out actual consumer units on completely different platform at least for one SKU (Urano TX Bronze), so there are really not much faith in their products overall anyway.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply