Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

High DPC latency problem drives me crazy

Hello people,

Forgive me, but I am desperate. My system is suffering from high DPC latency wich causes popping audio and stutter in YouTube video's. I've tried several things but I can't get rid of the high latency.

First of all my setup:

Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K
GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8G
RAM: 32GB G.Skill G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3200C16D-16GVKB
Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Fx

I don't know when the problem started, I just noticed some popping in audio when I was playing MP3's on my system. At sime time it became annoying and I thougt that it was due to a bad harddrive. Moving the MP3's to another drive however didn't gave any improvement.

I am a amateurphotographer as well and I also noticed that at the timne when I export some photo's from Adobe LR to Photomatix (the HDR software that I am using), the whole system stutters. If a YouTube clip is playing at that time the video freezes (sound and picture) and the cursor of my mouse stutters. LatencyMon is showing that at that moment the Nvidia driver shows a very high latency.

After some searches on Google I found out that the audio popping was due to a high latency. I installed LatencyMon and there I saw that nvlddmkm.sys and dxgkrnl.sys were showing very high latency. After some further more Googling I read that these drivers don't necessarily have to be the real cause of the latency problem.

What have I done so far? Uninstalled all Nvidia drivers and did a clean install with only the necessary Nvidia driver. I did a clean Windows 10 install. I turned of the onbaod soundcard, uninstalled teh Realtek drivers and installed a seperate Creative soundcard. I have pugged out all of the USB devices and USB PCI cards. I replaced the 1070Ti GPU by a 1050. Nothing helped so far and my system keeps a high latency problem. Just when I think that I found it another driver shows up with a high latency (ndis.sys for instance shows up regularly).

I also came across this topic 

Sadly this diidn't solve the problem for me. I have added two recent screenprints from LatencyMon. Latency isn't going trhough the roof but it is too high and causes problems o it will have to be lowered.

I am out of ideas and hope that some of you do have an idea or a tip where to look for the cause of my latency prolem.

With kind regards,
Erik

latencymon-scrnprnt.jpg

drivers.jpg

7 minutes ago, 3R1K-194 said:

I am out of ideas

Check the drive health of your drives

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

1 hour ago, 3R1K-194 said:

latencymon-scrnprnt.jpg

Was that taken when its idling?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, xAcid9 said:

Was that taken when its idling?

No, the spike is from exporting photo's out of Adobe Lightroom. This is screenprint, right after starting up Photoshop.

latencymon-scrnprnt-idle.jpg

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Check the drive health of your drives

Done that and found no bad drives.