Pc-011 dynamic XL CPU cooler clearance

Exeon

Officially the clearance for the case is 167mm, while the noctua NH-D15 (which I own) is 165mm high.

On partpicker the NH-D15 isn't listed as a compatible cooler.

Am I fine or should I look at a different case entirely?

it will be fine but i would recommend you buy different cooler or case as i recommend having at least 15 mm of clearance as that lessens the risk that your motherboard and ram might choke 

4 hours ago, Mohammad Saleh said:

it will be fine but i would recommend you buy different cooler or case as i recommend having at least 15 mm of clearance as that lessens the risk that your motherboard and ram might choke 

Interesting, thanks for the advice, might then just skip on this case, sadly

3 hours ago, TrigrH said:

not sure why you would put an air cooler in that case. 167 is more than 165 so its fine.

I have a build, I already own the NH-D15 (had it for over 5 years) I just like how the O11 dynamic looks and since I want a new PC case I need to know if my current build fits.

I know this case is primarily built with watercooling in mind, however I don't like watercooling, it's marginally better than air at a much higher pricepoint with a "risk" attached to it (however small that may be)

I'm more interested in the Icegiant ThermoSiphon which beats pretty much anything on the market, liquid or air, but it hasn't released yet.

So yea, I have to keep this in mind if I want the O11 Dynamic, sadly I think 2mm is very little clearance, It'll work but I'm not sure if it's a "good choice" here.

good but if plan to move your pc a lot like travelling then better chose an aio and what processor you have and what are your computers specs?

10 minutes ago, Mohammad Saleh said:

good but if plan to move your pc a lot like travelling then better chose an aio and what processor you have and what are your computers specs?

I never move my PC, I only move it if I actually move to a new home

Current specs are:

Intel I5-9600K

16GB's DDR4 RAM 3000mhz

980TI (I'm currently waiting on the 3080)

EVGA Supernova G2 850W PSU

1TB SSD Samsung EVO 860

My current PC doesn't have much clearance left for the 3080, it'll fit but airflow will be affected, another reason to switch cases