Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How can rtx3060 win in the mid lv gpu market against amd?

is it possible?

 

expectation,

no more than 8gb ram...

perf ~ 2080 super at best...

$350~$400 (too exp imo, hopefully to be cheaper)

 

i think only if its priced around $300, i will consider it

Link to post
Share on other sites

NVENC 

 

T'was easy. 

RYZEN 5 3600 | GIGABYTE 3070 VISION OC | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 4TB TOSHIBA X 300 | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

 

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

NVENC 

 

T'was easy. 

Not really. NVENC isn't that big of a thing to people with halfway decent CPUs that want to get the best framerates in GPU-bound titles while streaming. (NVENC does reduce framerate a little in GPU-bound scenarios)

 

Honestly, if it's more than $280, it's not going to be worth it.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M Monitor: MSI Optix MAG272CR

Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, HP EX900 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

Not really. NVENC isn't that big of a thing to people with halfway decent CPUs that want to get the best framerates in GPU-bound titles while streaming. (NVENC does reduce framerate a little in GPU-bound scenarios)

 

Honestly, if it's more than $280, it's not going to be worth it.

OH I agree it won't be worth it the card (likely) makes no sense unless it's properly priced, I just think the video thing is important especially if you're on a budget, the quality is pretty good honestly and the performance impact is small. 

 

As a side note idk what it is but I can't use cpu encoding at all (during a game) it'll always be a massive performance penalty... 

RYZEN 5 3600 | GIGABYTE 3070 VISION OC | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 4TB TOSHIBA X 300 | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

 

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

As a side note idk what it is but I can't use cpu encoding at all (during a game) it'll always be a massive performance penalty... 

Sounds like something in the settings may be off. Try limiting the encoding software affinity to threads 10 and 11, and see if that helps. If you need more threads, start with the higher numbered ones if you're using a default Windows or Ryzen power plan. (If using 1usmus's power plans, you'll need to figure out which cores are the weakest, and limit to them)

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M Monitor: MSI Optix MAG272CR

Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, HP EX900 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

Sounds like something in the settings may be off. Try limiting the encoding software affinity to threads 10 and 11, and see if that helps. If you need more threads, start with the higher numbered ones if you're using a default Windows or Ryzen power plan. (If using 1usmus's power plans, you'll need to figure out which cores are the weakest, and limit to them)

I see, I'll give that a try next time, thanks. 

 

I suppose to use OBS or what? Kinda hate it because no overlay lol, but still willing to give it another go I guess. 

RYZEN 5 3600 | GIGABYTE 3070 VISION OC | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 4TB TOSHIBA X 300 | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

 

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

I see, I'll give that a try next time, thanks. 

 

I suppose to use OBS or what? Kinda hate it because no overlay lol, but still willing to give it another go I guess. 

Well, what software are you using now?

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M Monitor: MSI Optix MAG272CR

Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, HP EX900 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×