We couldn't find any drives b450 mx500 ssd

DavidDuran
Go to solution Solved by DavidDuran,

I used another HDD to boot the PC. I couldn't make it into windows but then magically, the system recognized both my SSD and new HDD.

Hello everybody,

I just put together my new pc but when trying to install windows 10, in the "Where so you want to install Windows?" screen, I get the message "we couldn't find any drives. To get a storage driver, click Load driver".

I'm using a B450 Aorus Elite and I have a crucial Mx500 and a Seagate Barracuda 2TB, everything new.

Could you help me? I really don't know what to do.

I tried loading the drivers but it doesn't seem to work.

Thank you.

Maybe try reseating the cable to the drives. Make sure that the power cable is fully in the powersupply if you have a modular one, and in the drive, and check that the Sata cable is fully plugged into the board. Maybe a weird RAID setting, trying plugging the SATA cables into the top 2 sata ports.

6 minutes ago, Coolmaster said:

Maybe try reseating the cable to the drives. Make sure that the power cable is fully in the powersupply if you have a modular one, and in the drive, and check that the Sata cable is fully plugged into the board. Maybe a weird RAID setting, trying plugging the SATA cables into the top 2 sata ports.

Just did that but nothing changes :(

I used another HDD to boot the PC. I couldn't make it into windows but then magically, the system recognized both my SSD and new HDD.