Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RTX 3090 not getting full performance

Hello,

I just recently received my MSI RTX 3090 Ventus and When I play COD MW Warzone I only range 90-130 FPS and ranging 60%-80% usage on ultra RTX off or low RTX off graphics settings at 1440P i seen people play at 1440p at 160-180 FPS I wouldn't assume its my specs bottle necking my RTX 3090 but I could be wrong.

PC specs:

i7-10700k @ 4.6ghz

MSI PRO H410M PRO LGA 1200 Intel H410

32GB of ram @ 2933mhz

EVGA 750 B5 750w bronze 80+ power supply

MSI RTX 3090 Ventus

I have tried DDU to do a fresh install of drivers so not sure what's going on if anyone has any idea how to fix the issue im having I would very much appreciate! thank you!

1 minute ago, ghostinbz said:

Hello,

I just recently received my MSI RTX 3090 Ventus and When I play COD MW Warzone I only range 90-130 FPS and ranging 60%-80% usage on ultra RTX off or low RTX off graphics settings at 1440P i seen people play at 1440p at 160-180 FPS I wouldn't assume its my specs bottle necking my RTX 3090 but I could be wrong.

PC specs:

i7-10700k @ 4.6ghz

32GB of ram @ 2933mhz

MSI RTX 3090 Ventus

I have tried DDU to do a fresh install of drivers so not sure what's going on if anyone has any idea how to fix the issue im having I would very much appreciate! thank you!

I posted my 1440p benches here.  Max settings (besides 100% render scale)

4 minutes ago, ghostinbz said:

Hello,

PC specs:

i7-10700k @ 4.6ghz

32GB of ram @ 2933mhz

MSI RTX 3090 Ventus

It's a far shot, but it may be the PSU. How are the clocks?

Motherboard Tier LIst

PC Troubleshooting

You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List

full disclosure:
I am a big idiot retard

don't take any of my 

advice seriously double

check my opinions and facts

Basically I'm a retard

Don't trust me 

Probably that motherboard..

R5 3600 @ 4.4Ghz w/CM Hyper-212 / RTX 2070 Super / 2x8Gb Vengeance 3200 / Sabrent 512Gb m.2 / 1Tb T-Force Vulcan SATA SSD

4 minutes ago, ghostinbz said:

Hello,

PC specs:

i7-10700k @ 4.6ghz

32GB of ram @ 2933mhz

MSI RTX 3090 Ventus

What are the temperatures? Could your 3090 be overheating? What about the CPU? If the clocks on the CPU are dropping because of overheating then it will perform worse.

1 minute ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

It's a far shot, but it may be the PSU. How are the clocks?

lmao its still better than my $50 750w psu, its not even white rated, forget about it being bronze rated.

8 minutes ago, GoodEnough said:

lmao its still better than my $50 750w psu, its not even white rated, forget about it being bronze rated.

? I don't really get what you're saying. Could you rephrase?

What I meant is that your PSU is rated for 750w of output, while the 3090 has a 850w reccomended wattage. If you have high-powered components, and if you're running a demanding task, your psu may have reached its power limit, and your gpu might've underclocked to compensate for that.

Motherboard Tier LIst

PC Troubleshooting

You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List

full disclosure:
I am a big idiot retard

don't take any of my 

advice seriously double

Basically I'm a retard

Don't trust me 

6 minutes ago, GoodEnough said:

you definitely need a better power supply

and you also have to overclock the crap out of your cpu because that is a major bottleneck in your system which in this case I recommend a 1000 W gold or titanium certified psu for the best sustained load

What I meant is that your PSU is rated for 750w of output, while the 3090 has a 850w reccomended wattage. If you have high-powered components, and if you're running a demanding task, your psu may have reached its power limit, and your gpu might've underclocked to compensate for that.

exactly

you NEED to upgrade that thing

1 minute ago, Alireza said:

you definitely need a better power supply

and you also have to overclock the crap out of your cpu because that is a major bottleneck in your system which in this case I recommend a 1000 W gold or titanium certified psu for the best sustained load

1. Reccomending by wattage and rating alone is terrible idea. 

2. 1000w is overkill, even for a 3090

3. he said "it's still better than my psu" then he listed it, so its confusing. 

Motherboard Tier LIst

PC Troubleshooting

You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List

full disclosure:
I am a big idiot retard

don't take any of my 

advice seriously double

Basically I'm a retard

Don't trust me 

Just now, Alireza said:

exactly

you NEED to upgrade that thing

sure, my rx 580 sometimes soaks up 270w but that doesnt mean ill need a better psu

especially since i only have a 65w cpu.

Just now, Brok3n But who cares? said:

he have to upgrade the mobo too

an unlocked chip with a h410 board?????????

Just now, GoodEnough said:

sure, my rx 580 sometimes soaks up 270w but that doesnt mean ill need a better psu

especially since i only have a 65w cpu.

Oh wait, You're not OP. Whoops 🥴

Motherboard Tier LIst

PC Troubleshooting

You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List

full disclosure:
I am a big idiot retard

don't take any of my 

advice seriously double

Basically I'm a retard

Don't trust me 

Just now, Alireza said:

He's not the original poster. He's another dude lol 

Motherboard Tier LIst

PC Troubleshooting

You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List

full disclosure:
I am a big idiot retard

don't take any of my 

advice seriously double

Basically I'm a retard

Don't trust me 

he said "it's still better than my psu" then he listed it, so its confusing.

at this point i dont even know who is talking to who..

but anyway..

22 minutes ago, ghostinbz said:

MSI RTX 3090 Ventus

games arent yet ready to handle all the cores in this gpu, nvidia is still working on better game ready drivers and such BUT.. i wouldnt say that either your cpu or psu isnt the culprit for your crippling fps on warzone

44 minutes ago, ghostinbz said:

Hello,

PC specs:

i7-10700k @ 4.6ghz

32GB of ram @ 2933mhz

MSI RTX 3090 Ventus

Could be your card is power starved. Try bumping up the power limit to max. I noticed that my mhz on the gpu would drop at 4k and above if I didn't give the card a greater power limit. Your psu might also be limiting you as your pulling around 480-550 watts from the wall which is more then half of what your psu can supply. Other then that could just be other factors at play. If you have precision X running in the background you'll lose some fps from that according to the evga forums 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

32 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Power limit then there is duty cycle. Just because your psu is rated for 750 watts if it's pushing 600-650 that's a high duty cycle and it probably won't be able to run at that for long. The cpu and gpu together when pushing the power limit on my card reaches in the 650 range and that's with a 9900k. 750 definitely isn't enough I'd say 1000watt or 1200watt would give you enough so your not asking your psu to run at a high duty cycle for extended periods of time. Believe LTT had a section explaining this when they put two 3090's in a pc that had enough wattage but still shutdown due to duty cycle.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

I agree with the others. I've seen some of the review videos with the card tripping the circuit protection on already somewhat loaded 1000 watt PSU's.

750 is unfortunately probably not going to be enough for that card.

Your CPU can max pull something like 211W, the card can pull something like 395W at max. Throw in some peripherical and drives and that can start to add up fast. You generally don't want your PSU having a sustained load over 80% for long, you don't ever want to be hitting or exceeding 100%.

50 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

1000W is absolutely NOT overkill for a 3090, if you have a 10900k.  Haven't you seen igor's tests with the transient wattage spikes on these cards?

Some people with certain 750W PSU's have been getting instability.

You really need to get out of the "buy the bare minimum possible to get by" attitude.  If someone has a 3090, they have enough money to get a decent power supply.

55 minutes ago, Alireza said:

dont judge i was gonna for a non k but they sold out so i settled for the k lol

8 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

1000W is absolutely NOT overkill for a 3090, if you have a 10900k.  Haven't you seen igor's tests with the transient wattage spikes on these cards?

Some people with certain 750W PSU's have been getting instability.

You really need to get out of the "buy the bare minimum possible to get by" attitude.  If someone has a 3090, they have enough money to get a decent power supply.

I heard 750w was a "enough" some where but thinking about it i got a bronze rated 80+ that doesn't help, I could just go for a 1000w PSU might as well since i put this much money into this build. I will return my 750w then buy 1000w PSU see how it goes lol

On 10/30/2020 at 6:46 PM, tishous said:

What are the temperatures? Could your 3090 be overheating? What about the CPU? If the clocks on the CPU are dropping because of overheating then it will perform worse.

i just tested it, it reaches up to 90c could that be a issue?

Just now, ghostinbz said:

i just tested it, it reaches up to 90c could that be a issue?

gpu is good around 60 to 70c but CPU is about 90c when gaming