WTF IS GOING ON WITH MY LAPTOP?!?!?

Isaac Foster

So, i am a competitive guy and i just got 75Hz monitor, i am a CS:GO player, a day ago it was fine, until something happened to my GPU, i was playing CS:GO on lowest settings and my Laptop Graphics Card MUST BE more than 180+FPS (GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5) Until today, my CS:GO runs at 100FPS On LOWEST SETTINGS AND SOMETIMES IT GOES BELOW 70FPS, I checked the temp it maxed at 81, Is it Thermal Throttling? pls help me to fix this issue, I am getting bulied :(

Did you make sure you set your display Hz to 75Hz?  Or the in-game frame-rate..  That could cause that kind of issue if you forgot to do that.

I kinda ran to this issue to a few months ago where when I use an external monitor (tv in my case) when playing through it the fps is lower then when I play on my laptop's display. The tv resolution is even lower then laptop's too, so I'm kinda weirded out as well. But a few days after that it fixes itself. So yea... I don't how to fix it LOL

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

46 minutes ago, ItzMadMan said:

the temp it maxed at 81

i could be wrong, but.. i dont think gpu's thermal throttle until around 85c.. thats the case with dedicated gpu's im not sure about igpu's tho..

Um. I assume you mean 81 degrees Celsius. If so. Yes it’s thermal throttling. That 178 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s way warmer than you want a gpu running. Dedicated or integrated. 

1 hour ago, Rylyguy said:

That’s way warmer than you want a gpu running.

different gpu's have different tolerances, for example, its fairly ok for the 550 ti to be at 90c, and would throttle at 95c, while a 1050ti probably would throttle at 85c.

but the general rule is too keep your gpu at 80c or below.

but again, older gpu's dont mind being hot as hell nearly as much as more recent gpu's.

its kind of a werid topic when it comes to gpu temps, since most people have different feeling about what temps their gpu's hit

1 hour ago, Rylyguy said:

Um. I assume you mean 81 degrees Celsius. If so. Yes it’s thermal throttling. That 178 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s way warmer than you want a gpu running. Dedicated or integrated. 

It really depends on what gpu too, usually laptop gpus start throttling way early... Because well they're laptops and manufacturers don't want them to actually melt... 

Also a misconception a lot of people think gpus start throttling at around 80C or so, that's not true, I know for nvidia 10xx series they start throttling *noticeably* at 59C, they actually start throttling even early but since it's a gradual curve it's not really noticeable before ~59C.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I tested my GPU using Minecraft Shader + 4K Resourcepack, ts running on 30 FPS lel, It maxed out 91 Degrees, and always at 90 Degrees, so, maybe good idea to clean CPU and GPU fans from Dust? And actually my parents buy a TV and my laptop LCD broke so i use the TV to play. And when it fixed it self? And actually its not GTX 1050Ti, Its GTX 1050 Mobile GPU, maked me confused because normal GTX 1050 Has 2GB VRAM, while mine is 4GB, my laptop is ASUS TUF FX504GD