PC turns on but no display

FreeHealthcare

I got a new desk so I had to move my pc. I decided to dust it out using compressed air for the cables and components and a hoover to get all the dust off the side panels and case. The problem is that when I plugged everything back into my pc and monitor and turned my pc on, it boots up but doesn't display anything. My speaker's led turned on and my headset stand's lighting came on but not to what I have set in the software instead being what it has preset which is normal because my lighting profile set up in iCue only works after steam and everything has finished updating when I turn my pc on. My monitor says no display input and my mouse and keyboard lighting doesn't turn on but the keyboard lighting flashes on for a split second when I turn on my psu. Does anybody know how I can fix it? I've already tried unplugging all my peripherals, unplugging all the cables in the pc and plugging them back in, using a different cable and port to connect my pc and monitor, taking out the CMOS battery, leaving it for 10 minutes and then plugging it back in and taking out my ram (1x8gb stick of ddr3 and 1600mhz) and putting it back in. The hdd led flashes on twice every 20 second (give or take a few seconds) and sometimes when I try and turn the pc on the fan (I can't tell which one) ramps up and goes twice as loud as it usually does for about a second. I don't have any spare parts I could test with. Does anybody have any ideas on how I could fix this?

My first guess is you wiggled something when you did your cleaning.  First move would be to reseat everything.  Could be something silly like a cable connection.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

23 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

My first guess is you wiggled something when you did your cleaning.  First move would be to reseat everything.  Could be something silly like a cable connection.  

As in every component?

10 minutes ago, FreeHealthcare said:

As in every component?

If it plugs in.  I would say no fans but apparently there are also fan components. Fans most likely won’t do much. Cpu is probably also fine.  What might you have hit with an elbow or something?

it’s a free and quick check.  They get worse if it doesn’t work.  “Is it plugged in” followed by “have you turned it off and on” (which you’ve already done some of) then it gets annoying.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

If it plugs in.  I would say no fans but apparently there are also fan components. Fans most likely won’t do much. Cpu is probably also fine.  What might you have hit with an elbow or something?

it’s a free and quick check.  They get worse if it doesn’t work.  “Is it plugged in” followed by “have you turned it off and on” (which you’ve already done some of) then it gets annoying.

All the fans are spinning so they should be fine, instead of reseating all the components should I just make sure all the cables are plugged in properly? I don't really want to have to reseat the motherboard and stuff because my head is killing me, do you know how to troubleshoot a headache by any chance? Anyway if all that doesn't work I'm assuming it could be the psu or ram since I've heard that is normally the problem with something like this. Or maybe I accidentally shorted something out since I was standing on carpet. Hopefully I can sort this tonight so I can lie down, watch some fresh prince and complain to myself about this headache.

4 minutes ago, FreeHealthcare said:

All the fans are spinning so they should be fine, instead of reseating all the components should I just make sure all the cables are plugged in properly? I don't really want to have to reseat the motherboard and stuff because my head is killing me, do you know how to troubleshoot a headache by any chance? Anyway if all that doesn't work I'm assuming it could be the psu or ram since I've heard that is normally the problem with something like this. Or maybe I accidentally shorted something out since I was standing on carpet. Hopefully I can sort this tonight so I can lie down, watch some fresh prince and complain to myself about this headache.

There’s also reseating memory (which you have done at least some of) and maybe one or two other things. 

24 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

There’s also reseating memory (which you have done at least some of) and maybe one or two other things. 

I'm gonna sort this in the morning because my head is killing me because I am extremely smart and accidentally hit my head really hard on the corner of my new desk. Thanks for the help though.

59 minutes ago, FreeHealthcare said:

I'm gonna sort this in the morning because my head is killing me because I am extremely smart and accidentally hit my head really hard on the corner of my new desk. Thanks for the help though.

I’ve been told that doing that repeatedly can make you less smart.  Sounds like a plan to me.  Ibuprophen for swelling.