HDMI 2.1 over 200ft?

TechJd
Go to solution Solved by error989,

You'd need optical HDMI 2.1 and I'm not sure if they exist. I use a 65ft optical HDMI to connect to my TV and it works great both at 4k/60 and 1080p/120 but my one is HDMI 2.0 (doesn't support 4k120 but so doesn't my TV).

edit: by optical I mean fiber :P

edit2: found HDMI 2.1 fiber optic cables on amazon, not 100% sure they'd work (their 2.1 is questionable) but they state 4k120hz

after some more googling I found them up to 300ft

I was thinking of buying an RTX 3080, I have a tv in a different room and want to play 4K 120hz games on it. I need to know if there is a way of doing so or if I should buy an Xbox series x. 

You'd need optical HDMI 2.1 and I'm not sure if they exist. I use a 65ft optical HDMI to connect to my TV and it works great both at 4k/60 and 1080p/120 but my one is HDMI 2.0 (doesn't support 4k120 but so doesn't my TV).

edit: by optical I mean fiber :P

edit2: found HDMI 2.1 fiber optic cables on amazon, not 100% sure they'd work (their 2.1 is questionable) but they state 4k120hz

after some more googling I found them up to 300ft

4 minutes ago, TechJd said:

I was thinking of buying an RTX 3080, I have a tv in a different room and want to play 4K 120hz games on it. I need to know if there is a way of doing so or if I should buy an Xbox series x. 

Well the max length is 50 ft for hdmi but you could achieve this in other ways. For example a displaysignal to adapter box to fiber and then fiber to display signal box to tv. Or ya know just steam link it.

Also 4k 120hz is gonna need some dropped settings just so ya know.