Lian Li TU150 with front mounted aio - best fan configuration

BillDoor

Hi everyone,

I am currently in the process of building my new case and would like to hear what are you thoughts abou the ideal fan configuration for the TU150. This case supports 4 120mm fans, the H80i v2 I am planning to use has a dual 120mm fanss on it , the suggestion from Lian Li is to front mount it.

The fans on the aio should obviously be in push-pull pushing the hot air out from the front of the case. That leaves us with 3 fans, 2 under the gpu and 1 at the back of the case. How should those be setup? My gut feeling tells me that the two fans at the bottom should also allow air in and the one at the back should be pushing the air out. Is that correct?

3 minutes ago, BillDoor said:

Hi everyone,

I am currently in the process of building my new case and would like to hear what are you thoughts abou the ideal fan configuration for the TU150. This case supports 4 120mm fans, the H80i v2 I am planningg to use has a dual 120mm fanss on it , the suggestion from Lian Li is to front mount it.

The fans on the aio should obviously be in push-pull pushing the hot air out from the front of the case. That leaves us with 3 fans, 2 under the gpu and 1 at the back of the case. How should those be setup? My gut feeling tells me that the two fans at the bottom should also allowing air in and the one at the back should be pushing the air out. Is that correct?

So yes the configuration you said is correct. It always goes bottom to top, front to back. Putting the h80 at the front is the best option, bottom is the worst, it can damage the pump.

7 minutes ago, BillDoor said:

The fans on the aio should obviously be in push-pull pushing the hot air out from the front of the case. That leaves us with 3 fans, 2 under the gpu and 1 at the back of the case. How should those be setup? My gut feeling tells me that the two fans at the bottom should also allowing air in and the one at the back should be pushing the air out. Is that correct?

That's the way I have my TU 150 fans set, 3 intake locations and one exhaust at the back, but I don't use an AIO and opted for the Dark Rock Pro 4

edit: note that if possible you may want to have the fans on the bottom ramp with your gpu temperature instead of cpu if possible, it really helps control temps

You have the right idea for what I would have recommended. There's a coupe of ways you can go about it depending on the chassis but the most conventional method that has always worked is front/bottom = intake, rear/top = exhaust, If you have a side panel fan or one behind the motherboard those can also be intakes.

What the best configuration is for any chassis has been argued for as long as time itself. Most of the time though unless you're running something particularly special you'll find yourself only fighting over 2~3°C under most circumstances since the air usually moves quickly enough to not have a significant impact anyhow.

so hear are a few things.

•  front should intake
  •  if you are wanting push pull config. then the front is the best. however there is something you should consider:
    • the rad will probably still lower the pump. except to have additional noise from air in the pump. the aio may not last as long this way.
    • the front mount will give better temps
    • if you compassionate by switching the rad to the rear with a single fan. you will have higher cpu temps as the heat from the gpu will also be flowing throw the rad.

Just going to have to choose what best for you.

I also did help someone with a gpu mod in this case. It will help alot with noise and cooling the gpu. here is a link to that thread.