Best X570 mobo for 5800x

So I need a good motherboard for the 5800x overclocking. I’m not looking to spend too much unless I really need to, I was looking at the Strix X570 F but I seen a Youtuber say they use cheap parts on it and it’s overpriced (He went into a lot of detail showing the cheap parts but unfortunately the stuff he was detailing was beyond my knowledge). He said for 10% more you can get a much better board but didn’t actually give any recommendations.

The next level up is the Asus crosshairs which is slightly more than I wanted to spend but if I need to I will. So does anyone know what a good mobo for me would be?

24 minutes ago, Daniel_1104 said:

I was looking at the Strix X570 F but I seen a Youtuber say they use cheap parts on it and it’s overpriced (He went into a lot of detail showing the cheap parts but unfortunately the stuff he was detailing was beyond my knowledge). He said for 10% more you can get a much better board but didn’t actually give any recommendations.

They were probably talking about the Strix X570 E being the better board for slightly more, either that or the Crosshair VIII Hero. There will be a few new boards coming out at the same time as the launch so some new options may come up, or someone might opt to buy a better board and sell their old one used if your lucky for a good price.

If you really want to overclock you could look into some of the higher end B550 boards, you could potentially grab something with better power delivery for the same or less money, you just end up losing out on some Gen 4 lanes. If I remember correctly you only get Gen 4 support on a single NVME and your first 16x slot. I would also point out that some of the features on the B550 boards are actually better than their X570 counterparts, like the Strix B550 i getting a usb-c header where the Strix X570 i does not

16 minutes ago, Arrogath said:

They were probably talking about the Strix X570 E being the better board for slightly more, either that or the Crosshair VIII Hero. There will be a few new boards coming out at the same time as the launch so some new options may come up, or someone might opt to buy a better board and sell their old one used if your lucky for a good price.

If you really want to overclock you could look into some of the higher end B550 boards, you could potentially grab something with better power delivery for the same or less money, you just end up losing out on some Gen 4 lanes. If I remember correctly you only get Gen 4 support on a single NVME and your first 16x slot. I would also point out that some of the features on the B550 boards are actually better than their X570 counterparts, like the Strix B550 i getting a usb-c header where the Strix X570 i does not

Cool I thought the X570 may have been better for OCing, don’t really have much of a need for the other x16 pci of the NVME. But if that’s not the case B550 seems to be the better options, iv found the Aorus Master B550 which seems like a good choice as it’s £100 cheaper than the x570 counterpart.

A B550-A PRO would easily handle an overclocked 5800X. Better to wait for reviews as there might not be much headroom anyway. The B550 Tomahawk/X570 Tomahawk and B550 Gaming Edge are also solid. A cheaper Gigabyte board like the B550 Aorus Elite would also do fine.

2 hours ago, Daniel_1104 said:

Cool I thought the X570 may have been better for OCing, don’t really have much of a need for the other x16 pci of the NVME. But if that’s not the case B550 seems to be the better options, iv found the Aorus Master B550 which seems like a good choice as it’s £100 cheaper than the x570 counterpart.

I think the main benefit of the X570 boards is they maintain more backwards compatibility with processors, where as B550 only supports Zen 2 and up processors if I remember right

8 hours ago, Arrogath said:

I think the main benefit of the X570 boards is they maintain more backwards compatibility with processors, where as B550 only supports Zen 2 and up processors if I remember right

Looking a bit more into it on Youtube I keep seeing people saying that is a good overclocker for a budget b550 board. iv seen a few people say this and it has me thinking is x570 just better? I’m not really great with motherboards so i’m learning all this for the first time.

2 hours ago, Daniel_1104 said:

Looking a bit more into it on Youtube I keep seeing people saying that is a good overclocker for a budget b550 board. iv seen a few people say this and it has me thinking is x570 just better? I’m not really great with motherboards so i’m learning all this for the first time.

Wait for reviews on or around the 5th Nov. No point spending money on a higher end board if the cpu doesn't overclock that well.

Also the chipset has nothing to do with how well a board can handle an overclocked cpu. There are a lot of B550 boards that are on par/better than their X570 counterparts. The B550 Gaming Edge is one good example. Much better in the VRM department than the X570 version.

6 hours ago, lee32uk said:

Wait for reviews on or around the 5th Nov. No point spending money on a higher end board if the cpu doesn't overclock that well.

Also the chipset has nothing to do with how well a board can handle an overclocked cpu. There are a lot of B550 boards that are on par/better than their X570 counterparts. The B550 Gaming Edge is one good example. Much better in the VRM department than the X570 version.

Cool if that’s the case then B550 is a much better option for me as I don’t really need the X570 features I just thought it had better overclocking potential. Thanks 

Plenty of b550 boards will be capable of overclocking 5800X. But I dont why you would buy one as if you have the budget for 5800X and an expensive x570 board, you have the budget for 5900X and b550(m) mortar/tomahawk.

And its for sure that you dont get extra oc headroom from more expensive boards. Those 150$/€ boards handle overclocking 3950X as well as the 300€ with a small difference in vrm temps not cpu clocks.

20 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Plenty of b550 boards will be capable of overclocking 5800X. But I dont why you would buy one as if you have the budget for 5800X and an expensive x570 board, you have the budget for 5900X and b550(m) mortar/tomahawk.

And its for sure that you dont get extra oc headroom from more expensive boards. Those 150$/€ boards handle overclocking 3950X as well as the 300€ with a small difference in vrm temps not cpu clocks.

So you are recommending getting a cheaper board and using that money to get an 5900x? Could be a pretty good idea, like I said before i’m not really an expert with mobos so i’m just under the mindset more expensive is better somehow. 

May want to look into the cheaper TUF x570-pro.

That's what I've been eyeballing lately for when I get a 5900x. My thought process is it will still do some overclocking, maybe not to the same extremes as the higher end boards but the money saved on buying a cheaper board and going for the 5900x should be worth it.

Now ram....that's where I'm stuck wondering what to get.

Which mobo's have the best VRM's?

Those are the one's I'd be looking at!

18 hours ago, Jeppes said:

Cool, anyone got any ideas on if you think the 4th gen ryzen will insta sell out and not be available for months like the GPUs??