Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does razer have to be running in the taskbar?

I've always had the synapse running and just recently realized if I close the program entirely. The dpi switch buttons still work, the clutch sense button still works. ect all the features work.. (basilisk v2). Do you not have to keep this program running once you have the settings you want. I think it remembers polling rate too. The keyboard tho is a blackwidow and I'm not sure if the ultra polling rate sticks at 1000hz or not. But, I do know the ghosting feature doesnt work with more than 6 keys without synapse actually running. Can anyone help me out with exacts here, i tried on reddit and nobodies answered the thread. I totally would rather shut the program down after I set everything to what I want.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nelska said:

I'm not sure if the ultra polling rate sticks at 1000hz or not

If you can't tell in a game (assuming that's what you use it for) then why does it matter whether it's 1000Hz? You're still getting the same experience regardless.

 

Basically, if closing the program doesn't cause you any noticable problems with the keyboard//mouse, then close it - it's fine.

Share your favourite custom styling rules (CSS) for websites! linustechtips.com/topic/1288887-share-your-favourite-custom-styling-rules-...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

If you can't tell in a game (assuming that's what you use it for) then why does it matter whether it's 1000Hz? You're still getting the same experience regardless.

 

Basically, if closing the program doesn't cause you any noticable problems with the keyboard//mouse, then close it - it's fine.

yeh, im way more of a ocd person than that. and if you ask around the company doesnt help you with any of this. lol.

 

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the only reason you want it actually running is to set the polling rates and smart tracker features. and lighting and macros. The whole board ghost feature is probably to write macros on or something. You really don't need to be able to press more than 6 keys at once.. So, once you close it you still have some ghosting features its just 6 keys instead of ALL the keys.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of curiosity, are you going into the task manager and closing all of the Razer services, or just closing it from the taskbar by clicking close all apps? There's still several Razer services running when you just shut Synapse down through the taskbar.

 

Your mouse has onboard memory and your keyboard probably has it as well. I'm not sure the extent of what it saves since I can't seem to find any info from Razer on it, but it's possible that your peripherals are using the on-board profiles when you shut down Synapse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2020 at 12:44 PM, Inelastic said:

Out of curiosity, are you going into the task manager and closing all of the Razer services, or just closing it from the taskbar by clicking close all apps? There's still several Razer services running when you just shut Synapse down through the taskbar.

 

Your mouse has onboard memory and your keyboard probably has it as well. I'm not sure the extent of what it saves since I can't seem to find any info from Razer on it, but it's possible that your peripherals are using the on-board profiles when you shut down Synapse.

i will rightclick it on the taskbar and "exit synapse" if I want to stop using the antighosting schemantics offered by the synapse 3.0 program. it doesnt antighost the whole keyboard until synapse IS running. the only other thing I noticed is instead of a notification telling you the dpi has changed you get nothing when the programs not running.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×