GTX 1060 Palit no display

Famoter

I was playing GTA 5 when my computer crashed and various colours flashed. When I rebooted a few times, it kept flashing colours immediately after logging in. Now, when I plug in my displayport to the graphics card, there is no signal, but when connected to my motherboard, there is video out. Is my graphics card dead or is it a driver issue? FYI I have an I7 4790, acer proprietary motherboard and EVGA GA 650w PSU.

1 minute ago, Famoter said:

I was playing GTA 5 when my computer crashed and various colours flashed. When I rebooted a few times, it kept flashing colours immediately after logging in. Now, when I plug in my displayport to the graphics card, there is no signal, but when connected to my motherboard, there is video out. Is my graphics card dead or is it a driver issue? FYI I have an I7 4790, acer proprietary motherboard and EVGA GA 650w PSU.

Did you try all your video outs on the card or just the one display port? Also did you try updating the graphics driver in windows (via the working HDMI out on the motherboard)? If your graphics card is working at all you should not be getting video from the motherboard’s HDMai out so something is going on here.  

6 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

Did you try all your video outs on the card or just the one display port? Also did you try updating the graphics driver in windows (via the working HDMI out on the motherboard)? If your graphics card is working at all you should not be getting video from the motherboard’s HDMai out so something is going on here.  

None of the video outs work, and geforce experience claims that the newest driver is not compatible with my version of windows 10, which is up to date according to Settings.

3 minutes ago, Famoter said:

None of the video outs work, and geforce experience claims that the newest driver is not compatible with my version of windows 10, which is up to date according to Settings.

Yea I think we have a dead card. You could try to flash a new bios to the card but it is a pain of a process with a low success rate (lots of tutorials on YouTube). 

1 hour ago, doomsriker said:

Yea I think we have a dead card. You could try to flash a new bios to the card but it is a pain of a process with a low success rate (lots of tutorials on YouTube). 

I can't boot from USB, oh well I am cash strapped right now, so I can't afford a new card.