Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Touch screen not working. Is my digitizer broken?

I just wanted some opinions about my conclusion on a touch screen problem with my phone. In the beginning, the touch screen near the notch wasn't working, and then after some days, other stripes area were dead. The dead touch screen keeps expanding but the IPS LCD had no problems at all. I did everything that was suggested online to fix a possible software problem until I decided to factory reset to exclude every possible software issue. After the factory reset nothing changes and then I understand it must be a hardware problem probably its fault of a broken digitizer. Still, I don't know how this happened because the phone (honor 10) never had physical damage (maybe some water vapor or rain). I wanted to know what do you think about my conclusion and if I got something wrong, and I'm not much into phone hardware and I wanted to know if I can replace the digitizer without having to buy a full new LCD screen.

2 minutes ago, Niconsky said:

I just wanted some opinions about my conclusion on a touch screen problem with my phone. In the beginning, the touch screen near the notch wasn't working, and then after some days, other stripes area were dead. The dead touch screen keeps expanding but the IPS LCD had no problems at all. I did everything that was suggested online to fix a possible software problem until I decided to factory reset to exclude every possible software issue. After the factory reset nothing changes and then I understand it must be a hardware problem probably its fault of a broken digitizer. Still, I don't know how this happened because the phone (honor 10) never had physical damage (maybe some water vapor or rain). I wanted to know what do you think about my conclusion and if I got something wrong, and I'm not much into phone hardware and I wanted to know if I can replace the digitizer without having to buy a full new LCD screen.

Based on the fact that it expanded over time it sounds like a bad screen to me. Could also be a graphical issue with the hardware but my money is on the screen dying more and more over time (I had a very similar issue with my last iPhone 10).