Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What should be the idle temp of a ryzen 3 3200g with stock cooler?

Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

The processor will not care, as long as it's below around 80c 

 

Most A lot of modern motherboards will automatically lower the fan speeds to make your computer more silent, while keeping the cpu temperature around 55-60c or lower.

Basically, if the cpu temperature is in that range (50-60c) they won't spin the fan faster to speed up cooling and keep the cpu even cooler. 

 

So there's nothing to worry about. 

I have a ryzen 3 3200g and I use the stock cooler and the idle temp is around 29c to 32c so it is good enough?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Darn good enough actually. Even my laptop CPU went up till 38 on idling.

Humor me, as you should do.

 

Daily drivers:

 

Acer Aspire E5-475G

Intel Core i5-7200U 2.5 GHz (Turbo 3.1 GHz) || NVIDIA GeForce 940MX 2GB

4GB Micron DDR4 + 4GB Team Group DDR4 PC19200

120 GB WD Green M.2 SATA SSD + 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3N SATA SSD

Windows 10 Single Language x64

 

Some old computer laying around as my HTPC

Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160 1.8GHz || (fake lol) NVIDIA GeForce GT730 2GB DDR3

Some random old motherboard. Works fine tho.

512 MB + 512 MB random DDR memory

40GB IDE HDD + 1 TB old laptop SATA HDD, got bad sector unfortunately

Linux Mint 20 Ulyana Xfce x64

Some old TCL CRT TV laying around + RCA to HDMI converter

 

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

4GB RAM, 64GB Internal Storage 

64GB SanDisk Ultra (80MB/s Read) External Storage

MIUI 11 Global

Aukey Turbo Charger PA-U28 QC2.0 + Aukey CB-CD4 PVC Type-C Cable

 

Audio

Some random home-theater speakers I took freely from someplace and big-ass bass with old computer speaker amplifier. It sounds good af tho.

dbE DJ100 Headphone

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dhannemon13 said:

Darn good enough actually. Even my laptop CPU went up till 38 on idling.

I thought it was bad 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dhannemon13 said:

Darn good enough actually. Even my laptop CPU went up till 38 on idling.

But In desktop is that good enough? 32c

Link to post
Share on other sites

The processor will not care, as long as it's below around 80c 

 

Most A lot of modern motherboards will automatically lower the fan speeds to make your computer more silent, while keeping the cpu temperature around 55-60c or lower.

Basically, if the cpu temperature is in that range (50-60c) they won't spin the fan faster to speed up cooling and keep the cpu even cooler. 

 

So there's nothing to worry about. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Meandmycharacter said:

But In desktop is that good enough? 32c

It really depends on the ambient temperature. My ambient's here is around 28-30-ish so it's normal to have llike 36-38, so if your place's cooler, your CPU'd be either.

 

Brother's 1500X even idling on 40-ish, on stock, even higher when I OCed it +200MHz (with no-good performance gain on the game unfortunately lol). I'd say 32C on that is actually pretty good.

 

Idle temps aren't really affect anything tho as long you won't be thermal throttling when using it intensively. I did game for 12 hours straight on 1500X + 1050Ti (CPU usage around 50-70, GPU always on 98-100 because.. It's RDR2, what do u expect lol) and it just run fine on the period.

Humor me, as you should do.

 

Daily drivers:

 

Acer Aspire E5-475G

Intel Core i5-7200U 2.5 GHz (Turbo 3.1 GHz) || NVIDIA GeForce 940MX 2GB

4GB Micron DDR4 + 4GB Team Group DDR4 PC19200

120 GB WD Green M.2 SATA SSD + 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3N SATA SSD

Windows 10 Single Language x64

 

Some old computer laying around as my HTPC

Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160 1.8GHz || (fake lol) NVIDIA GeForce GT730 2GB DDR3

Some random old motherboard. Works fine tho.

512 MB + 512 MB random DDR memory

40GB IDE HDD + 1 TB old laptop SATA HDD, got bad sector unfortunately

Linux Mint 20 Ulyana Xfce x64

Some old TCL CRT TV laying around + RCA to HDMI converter

 

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

4GB RAM, 64GB Internal Storage 

64GB SanDisk Ultra (80MB/s Read) External Storage

MIUI 11 Global

Aukey Turbo Charger PA-U28 QC2.0 + Aukey CB-CD4 PVC Type-C Cable

 

Audio

Some random home-theater speakers I took freely from someplace and big-ass bass with old computer speaker amplifier. It sounds good af tho.

dbE DJ100 Headphone

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Meandmycharacter said:

But In desktop is that good enough? 32c

More than good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dhannemon13 said:

It really depends on the ambient temperature. My ambient's here is around 28-30-ish so it's normal to have llike 36-38, so if your place's cooler, your CPU'd be either.

 

Brother's 1500X even idling on 40-ish, on stock, even higher when I OCed it +200MHz (with no-good performance gain on the game unfortunately lol). I'd say 32C on that is actually pretty good.

 

Idle temps aren't really affect anything tho as long you won't be thermal throttling when using it intensively. I did game for 12 hours straight on 1500X + 1050Ti (CPU usage around 50-70, GPU always on 98-100 because.. It's RDR2, what do u expect lol) and it just run fine on the period.

Can I overclock this cpu with a stock cooler? To 4ghz? And will it make a difference?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Meandmycharacter said:

Can I overclock this cpu with a stock cooler? To 4ghz?

Your boost clock's 4 GHz so I don't think it would be necessary at all somehow. Lots of games won't even touching that 4 GHz (that's why I didn't gain any reasonable performance when OCed it for RDR2). ONLY OC when you feel you'd need it, like productivity rendering or something.

 

But if you wanted to still, depends on the motherboard you use, if you're using something with 'A' chipset motherboard instead of 'B' or 'X', you can't. Check below.

 

I wouldn't recommend to OC much on the stock cooler, somehow. Yes, it can handle +400 MHz of OC (so far I tested it with MSI's Gaming Mode that OCed it to 3.9 from 3.5, with Wraith Stealth) with max temps around 76-82C on RDR2 load, but I wouldn't go above that.

 

And keep in mind the temps would be HIGHER if you don't use enough case fans (I use one from 14cm and one 12cm back), as it don't have enough fresh airflow.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.72ff9a62ef4ea6d246f65312233b177d.png

 

Humor me, as you should do.

 

Daily drivers:

 

Acer Aspire E5-475G

Intel Core i5-7200U 2.5 GHz (Turbo 3.1 GHz) || NVIDIA GeForce 940MX 2GB

4GB Micron DDR4 + 4GB Team Group DDR4 PC19200

120 GB WD Green M.2 SATA SSD + 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3N SATA SSD

Windows 10 Single Language x64

 

Some old computer laying around as my HTPC

Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160 1.8GHz || (fake lol) NVIDIA GeForce GT730 2GB DDR3

Some random old motherboard. Works fine tho.

512 MB + 512 MB random DDR memory

40GB IDE HDD + 1 TB old laptop SATA HDD, got bad sector unfortunately

Linux Mint 20 Ulyana Xfce x64

Some old TCL CRT TV laying around + RCA to HDMI converter

 

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

4GB RAM, 64GB Internal Storage 

64GB SanDisk Ultra (80MB/s Read) External Storage

MIUI 11 Global

Aukey Turbo Charger PA-U28 QC2.0 + Aukey CB-CD4 PVC Type-C Cable

 

Audio

Some random home-theater speakers I took freely from someplace and big-ass bass with old computer speaker amplifier. It sounds good af tho.

dbE DJ100 Headphone

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dhannemon13 said:

Your boost clock's 4 GHz so I don't think it would be necessary at all somehow. Lots of games won't even touching that 4 GHz (that's why I didn't gain any reasonable performance when OCed it for RDR2). ONLY OC when you feel you'd need it, like productivity rendering or something.

 

But if you wanted to still, depends on the motherboard you use, if you're using something with 'A' chipset motherboard instead of 'B' or 'X', you can't. Check below.

 

I wouldn't recommend to OC much on the stock cooler, somehow. Yes, it can handle +400 MHz of OC (so far I tested it with MSI's Gaming Mode that OCed it to 3.9 from 3.5, with Wraith Stealth) with max temps around 76-82C on RDR2 load, but I wouldn't go above that.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.72ff9a62ef4ea6d246f65312233b177d.png

 

Ok thanks I probably won't do it beacause I want my warrenty 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×