What should be the idle temp of a ryzen 3 3200g with stock cooler?

Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

The processor will not care, as long as it's below around 80c 

Most A lot of modern motherboards will automatically lower the fan speeds to make your computer more silent, while keeping the cpu temperature around 55-60c or lower.

Basically, if the cpu temperature is in that range (50-60c) they won't spin the fan faster to speed up cooling and keep the cpu even cooler. 

So there's nothing to worry about. 

I have a ryzen 3 3200g and I use the stock cooler and the idle temp is around 29c to 32c so it is good enough?

Darn good enough actually. Even my laptop CPU went up till 38 on idling.

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

1 minute ago, dhannemon13 said:

I thought it was bad 😂

2 minutes ago, dhannemon13 said:

But In desktop is that good enough? 32c

The processor will not care, as long as it's below around 80c 

Most A lot of modern motherboards will automatically lower the fan speeds to make your computer more silent, while keeping the cpu temperature around 55-60c or lower.

Basically, if the cpu temperature is in that range (50-60c) they won't spin the fan faster to speed up cooling and keep the cpu even cooler. 

So there's nothing to worry about. 

Just now, Meandmycharacter said:

But In desktop is that good enough? 32c

It really depends on the ambient temperature. My ambient's here is around 28-30-ish so it's normal to have llike 36-38, so if your place's cooler, your CPU'd be either.

Brother's 1500X even idling on 40-ish, on stock, even higher when I OCed it +200MHz (with no-good performance gain on the game unfortunately lol). I'd say 32C on that is actually pretty good.

Idle temps aren't really affect anything tho as long you won't be thermal throttling when using it intensively. I did game for 12 hours straight on 1500X + 1050Ti (CPU usage around 50-70, GPU always on 98-100 because.. It's RDR2, what do u expect lol) and it just run fine on the period.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

6 minutes ago, dhannemon13 said:

It really depends on the ambient temperature. My ambient's here is around 28-30-ish so it's normal to have llike 36-38, so if your place's cooler, your CPU'd be either.

Brother's 1500X even idling on 40-ish, on stock, even higher when I OCed it +200MHz (with no-good performance gain on the game unfortunately lol). I'd say 32C on that is actually pretty good.

Idle temps aren't really affect anything tho as long you won't be thermal throttling when using it intensively. I did game for 12 hours straight on 1500X + 1050Ti (CPU usage around 50-70, GPU always on 98-100 because.. It's RDR2, what do u expect lol) and it just run fine on the period.

Can I overclock this cpu with a stock cooler? To 4ghz? And will it make a difference?

10 minutes ago, Meandmycharacter said:

Can I overclock this cpu with a stock cooler? To 4ghz?

Your boost clock's 4 GHz so I don't think it would be necessary at all somehow. Lots of games won't even touching that 4 GHz (that's why I didn't gain any reasonable performance when OCed it for RDR2). ONLY OC when you feel you'd need it, like productivity rendering or something.

But if you wanted to still, depends on the motherboard you use, if you're using something with 'A' chipset motherboard instead of 'B' or 'X', you can't. Check below.

I wouldn't recommend to OC much on the stock cooler, somehow. Yes, it can handle +400 MHz of OC (so far I tested it with MSI's Gaming Mode that OCed it to 3.9 from 3.5, with Wraith Stealth) with max temps around 76-82C on RDR2 load, but I wouldn't go above that.

And keep in mind the temps would be HIGHER if you don't use enough case fans (I use one from 14cm and one 12cm back), as it don't have enough fresh airflow.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.72ff9a62ef4ea6d246f65312233b177d.png

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

Audio

2 minutes ago, dhannemon13 said:

Your boost clock's 4 GHz so I don't think it would be necessary at all somehow. Lots of games won't even touching that 4 GHz (that's why I didn't gain any reasonable performance when OCed it for RDR2). ONLY OC when you feel you'd need it, like productivity rendering or something.

But if you wanted to still, depends on the motherboard you use, if you're using something with 'A' chipset motherboard instead of 'B' or 'X', you can't. Check below.

I wouldn't recommend to OC much on the stock cooler, somehow. Yes, it can handle +400 MHz of OC (so far I tested it with MSI's Gaming Mode that OCed it to 3.9 from 3.5, with Wraith Stealth) with max temps around 76-82C on RDR2 load, but I wouldn't go above that.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.72ff9a62ef4ea6d246f65312233b177d.png

Ok thanks I probably won't do it beacause I want my warrenty 😂