Used expensive office chair or a high end gaming chair?

HippY

Hi all,

So I need a new chair for my PC and I have a budget of £300-400

There are 2 routes I see currently.

Either a used good Herman Miller Mirra 2 for around £350, or a brand new gaming chair like noblechairs hero or something similar

I am not looking for coolness factor, all I want is comfort, great ergonomics for my health and looks would be just a bonus

In your opinion which option should I go for and why?

Definitely skip any gaming chair that is racing style look. Be it Herman Miller or other ergo alternative way better choice. Even used. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 4:57 PM, HippY said:

Hi all,

So I need a new chair for my PC and I have a budget of £300-400

There are 2 routes I see currently.

Either a used good Herman Miller Mirra 2 for around £350, or a brand new gaming chair like noblechairs hero or something similar

I am not looking for coolness factor, all I want is comfort, great ergonomics for my health and looks would be just a bonus

In your opinion which option should I go for and why?

Is the mirra 2 comes with any adjustability to the lumbar support, arm rest, etc?

For the noblechair, yeh it's another flat bucket seat on a wheelbase, it's not gonna be ergonomic for non racing application unless your body shape fits that chair

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream
thank you :D 

The latest chair I purchased was an Autonomous Ergo Chair 2. it was $367USD. 

It was recommended on JayzTwoCents by him and Phil. 

I bought it for my wife. Technically I could use it because it goes up to 350LBS (I weigh 340). 

The only issue she has is that her feet can't sit on the floor flat. 

It has great adjustments, Mesh Back and Mesh Head rest. The assembly was straight forward, and it is built with high quality materials. 

Just do yourself a favor, measure your legs width (to ensure the seat pan is wide enough for you) and the distance form your bottom to your knee (to ensure the seat is deep enough or small enough). 

I made that mistake with the first office chair I bought, it went to my son.  

My 2020 Upgrade: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600; MB: MSI X570 Tomohawk WiFi; Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600 MHz; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance; PSU: Corsair RM550X 80+ Gold; Storage: WD Blue 500GB SSD; Seagate 4TB Compute HDD; Monitor: GIGABYTE G34WQC 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, 3440 x 1440 VA 1500R Display

Previous Components Still Using: GPU: MSI GTX 1070 (bought Used); Storage: WD 3TB Green HDD,WD 1TB Black HDD, SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB

Previous Monitor I want to VESA mount: LG 29UB55-B 29" Ultrawide 1080p 60Hz IPS