oculus link not working with usb c port

I recently got an oculus quest (not 2) and wanted to play a steam vr game using oculus link.

When trying to set up oculus link my pc would not recognize the quest, when I used the included charging cable going into a usb c port on my motherboard. I have seen multiple youtube videos saying that link should work with the included cable rn.

When connecting the quest via my phone charger using one of the usb A ports on the front of my case, it worked and I was able to setup the link software.

This calbe is obviously way to short to use for playing games.

What could be the cause of the usb c port not working? when plugging the cable in the quest does charge so the usb c port provides power.

2 minutes ago, budgetguy said:

I recently got an oculus quest (not 2) and wanted to play a steam vr game using oculus link.

When trying to set up oculus link my pc would not recognize the quest, when I used the included charging cable going into a usb c port on my motherboard. I have seen multiple youtube videos saying that link should work with the included cable rn.

When connecting the quest via my phone charger using one of the usb A ports on the front of my case, it worked and I was able to setup the link software.

This calbe is obviously way to short to use for playing games.

What could be the cause of the usb c port not working? when plugging the cable in the quest does charge so the usb c port provides power.

I've seen this issue before and the fix was use another usb port. Sometimes the quest just doesn't like a particular port happens a lot with usb c ports on desktop not much to do about it.

Just now, jaslion said:

I've seen this issue before and the fix was use another usb port. Sometimes the quest just doesn't like a particular port happens a lot with usb c ports on desktop not much to do about it.

I only have one usb c port so I can't try other ports

maby I can buy an adapter and use it that way

Just now, budgetguy said:

I only have one usb c port so I can't try other ports

maby I can buy an adapter and use it that way

Or just get a usb a to usb c cable. Either way make sure both are usb 3.0 (or 3.1 or whatever they want to call it these days).

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Or just get a usb a to usb c cable. Either way make sure both are usb 3.0 (or 3.1 or whatever they want to call it these days).

do you have any recomendations

8 minutes ago, budgetguy said:

do you have any recomendations

I'd just google quest cable and get whatever google brings up. I mean basically any decent quality usb 3.0 cable that is not longer than 5m should do the trick. Or an adapter.

16 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I'd just google quest cable and get whatever google brings up. I mean basically any decent quality usb 3.0 cable that is not longer than 5m should do the trick. Or an adapter.

thank you both a lot

my dad just found a usb extension cord we had lying around and paring that with my phone charger seems to work.

(I really love this forum, always people helping out within no time)