Ultimate WorkStation

PriestyUK

Hi Guys,

Looking to build a really good work computer with a gaming edge.  Ultimately I want to build a computer that could be used to run 2 workstations for me and my colleague so we could both do mundane tasks ie price jobs, load multiple pdfs, use Microsoft office etc.  How do I go about doing such a thing so we can also have our own logins to our work areas.  Is this possible?  I would rather build a really good pc that we could both benefit from rather than buy 2 ok pc's to complete our work.

Look forward to hearing your input from you guys

7 minutes ago, PriestyUK said:

Hi Guys,

Looking to build a really good work computer with a gaming edge.  Ultimately I want to build a computer that could be used to run 2 workstations for me and my colleague so we could both do mundane tasks ie price jobs, load multiple pdfs, use Microsoft office etc.  How do I go about doing such a thing so we can also have our own logins to our work areas.  Is this possible?  I would rather build a really good pc that we could both benefit from rather than buy 2 ok pc's to complete our work.

LTT videos ran a series of vids on how to have multiple people logged into 1 PC and doing different things. It's....involved.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

14 minutes ago, PriestyUK said:

Hi Guys,

Don't. Just don't it's not stable, high maintenance, picky with hardware, has a performance overhead, hard to setup, expensive,.... That and what you need to do sounds like something even a really cheap athlon 3000g based system could handle like a champ

it is unstable and more expencive than having just 2 different PC. Also think that if something goes wrong, you lose 2 people's tool.
Also office and pdf is a really light task, to the point that you don't need a GPU, rather a processor with an integraded GPU (like Ryzen 5 3400)
So in conclusion if you will be realistic about your expectations, you need an A520 motherboard, a Ryzen 3/5 and 8/16 gigs of ram for each PC and call it a day (less than 350$)