Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do you guys stay cozy during long gaming sessions?

How do you guys stay cozy? I sit at a desk for school and it is the most uncomfortable thing ever. The edge of the desk digs into my arms. I currently have a super comfy setup at my TV where I have a mini-sofa right up against the TV stand. The TV stand has an opening for VCRs and consoles where I put my feet, and my keyboard sits on my lap. There’s a mini-table right next to me where I put my mouse and my PC in front of that. Thing is, I’m moving to a desktop setup in about a month, and I wanna know if there’s any way I can keep that level of comfort. Any creative and out-of-the-box ideas are welcome!

worrying about my pc 24/7

It's really just about having a comfortable chair and maybe a wrist rest for your keyboard. If the table edge digs into your arm, you just have to adjust your chair arm rests to be as high or higher than the table.

PSU Tier List          AMD Motherboard Tier List          SSD Tier List          How to choose a Monitor          My Samsung Odyssey G7 Review

Current Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X @4.7GHz all-core OC (1.3125V) - Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro V1 - GPU: PNY RTX 3080 XLR8 Epic-X @2.1GHz Core / 10GHz VRAM - RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix @3600Mhz cl14 (1.45V) - PSU: Corsair RMx 850W - Storage: 500 GB Corsair MP600 (System) + 2 TB Sabrent Rocket Q (Storage) - Cooling: EK custom loop + Alphacool GPU Block - Case: CoolerMaster H500 - Fans: Noctua NF-F12 chromax - AMP/DAC: Asus Xonar Essence STX II - Fan Controller: Corsair Commander Pro - OS: Windows 10 Pro - Monitors: 2x LG 27GN850-B HDR-Gaming-TV: LG C9 OLED 55" - Mouse: Logitech G Pro wireless + Powerplay - Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum, Corsair K63 Wireless + Lapboard - Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Edition 600 Ohm - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

Temperatures: (Furmark CPU-Burner and GPU-Burner running at the same time. Measured after water temperature hits equilibrium.)

CPU: 70°C

GPU: 52°C

I have a good chair and a somewhat okay posture, so my setup is quite comfortable to me.

Personally I dislike using the heater, so it's always pretty cool in my room. Putting on a nice sweater at that point is pretty comfortable to me.

My setup center around a large L shaped desk, with a mousepad wide enough for the mouse and keyboard, so I can shuffle these around as much as I like, so I can change up my position quite a bit.

Anyways, the most important parts of a comfy setup is a good desk and chair.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

I would suggest to just make sure you have enough free leg room space under the desk and get the best chair you can afford.

My desktop setup is very uncomfortable to me.

I have junk under my desk that gets in the way of my legs and feet.  Surge protectors, cords and various plugs.

Plus my desk is not super deep and right up against the wall in a small room.

My chair is also uncomfortable and not really an office type chair.  I use it because I break the office type chairs so fast that I just got tired of having to buy a new one all the time.

HTPC on the big screen in the family room gaming from the couch.

Fireplace space heater with the cool looking fake flames and have a smoke or two. A mixer or shot shot shots. 

We the family bask in the warming glowing warming glow of the 4K while enjoying gaming and movies. 

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! 

- Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below.

Spoiler

Sit ergonomically and you'll be comfortable.

Also, stand up and at least walk around for a few minutes once an hour (or more).

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.2GHz @ 1.35V (courtesy of @XR6)Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: H100i V2, be quiet! Pure Wings 2 (two intake, two exhausting through radiator) Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE

i use arch btw

Proper posture and a chair that isn't shit (this includes 99% of "gaming" chairs).

Current PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

How long is long?

You talking an hour or two

or you talking 8 hours playing a game. I just cant imagine that at all.

Just take a short break once in a while.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

I have an ottoman under my desk. I also use a Snuggie to stay warm. 

Was there dairy in that? ***30 min later**** Yep..... You might want to let it air out for a bit.....😂😂😂😂😂😂

I dont think I can stand spending multiple hours in a row for not work. There was a time I was playing tanks all day long, it was a good game still is as I logged in a few weeks ago but I hardly even spent 30 minutes. Just trolled the tank game instant chat for a 3rd strike chat ban. But yeah like its been said lots of breaks or lots of pain relief for the bum bum.

On 10/31/2020 at 6:16 PM, Donut417 said:

I have an ottoman under my desk. I also use a Snuggie to stay warm. 

Gonna buy the weezer snuggie 👀 

worrying about my pc 24/7

if the edge of the table digs into your arms that means your chair and/or your chairs arm rests are too low or your table is too high.

you chair should be set up so that your arms rest on the arm rest comfortably and the table is on the same height.

If i really want to get comfy I move over to my couch, put a soft weighted blanket over myself and plug my computer into the tv

They/Them

rgb go woosh woosh fps higher

Ryzen 5 3600X (Ryzen 7 5800x future upgrade)| Asus ROG Strix B550-E |Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Edge| 32G DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Corsair RM650x | Corsair 4000D Airflow

Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red| Glorious Model D-

Nintendo Switch | Xbox One