RTX 3070 - WorstBuy

Kossark5533

Well, you must understand Nvidia had no way of knowing there would be a demand. Otherwise they would have made more cards for sure ~

IT'S NOT A PAPER LAUNCH! 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I'm glad i already have my 3080 and won't have to go through this bull**** again. Sorry to hear about this again.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

YIKES, and I thought I had it rough in the weeds of my issues with Best Buy this morning...

1. "Coming Soon" didn't switch to "Add to cart" until 3 minutes after 6:00
2. "Due to high demand, we are requiring an extra step. Please try again" but no extra steps given. Just keep refreshing I guess...?

3. 15 minutes later, same error but now with a prompt on "add to cart" that specifies it will auto retry.

4. "No longer available for shipping" after eventually getting one in my cart and confirming the order in checkout. Just keep refreshing I guess...?

5. Website crashes ~6:30

6. Cart empty and card is "Out of stock" ~6:40

They cancelled because it exceeded the maximum quantity of 1 per household.  I'm guessing 1 should have been allowed and they only cancelled the overage amounts?

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

1 hour ago, ewitte said:

They cancelled because it exceeded the maximum quantity of 1 per household.  I'm guessing 1 should have been allowed and they only cancelled the overage amounts?

I only ordered 1. I think they mean that THEY exceeded their allotment. As in too many people completed orders.

@Razorcat Ran into all those some issues when trying to get one on their webpage. Had my phone with their app on it and was able to get one with it. Kept refreshing the webpage as i went thru the phone order process incase it crashed while checking out. Never did get one added to the cart from the webpage.

Did anyone else in your house order one?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

8 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

Did anyone else in your house order one?

Nope.

3 hours ago, Razorcat said:

YIKES, and I thought I had it rough with my weeds of issues...

1. "Coming Soon" didn't switch to "Add to cart" until 3 minutes after 6:00
2. "Due to high demand, we are requiring an extra step. Please try again" but no extra steps given. Just keep refreshing I guess...?

3. 15 minutes later, same error but now with a prompt on "add to cart" that specifies it will auto retry.

4. "No longer available for shipping" after eventually getting one in my cart and confirming the order in checkout. Just keep refreshing I guess...?

5. Website crashes ~6:30

6. Cart empty and card is "Out of stock" ~6:40

Exactly my experience this AM and I had multiple devices trying to get in.  I then said f*ck it, took a Lyft to MC to see what they had, and walked out with an FE in 10 minutes.

Screw BotBuy

26 minutes ago, Shizzmoney said:

Exactly my experience this AM and I had multiple devices trying to get in.  I then said f*ck it, took a Lyft to MC to see what they had, and walked out with an FE in 10 minutes.

Screw BotBuy

I'm jealous. I would've been ready at the door at open for one but the closest MC is 2 hours away 🙃

I also had multiple devices, my laptop and my phone, and both had the same exact issues I described. I really wish I had downloaded the actual best buy app like @illerin but I hadn't really considered the website to have been so buggy.

26 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

Ebay is full with 3070 listings

No kidding...

And I was really hoping no one would be desperate enough to give in to the scalpers' games, but this listing ALREADY has 32 bids and is at $2k+

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 2.27.39 PM.png

Someone may be trolling them.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

scalpers are such low lifes that have nothing better to do than hurt the community