case to cool my xfx rx580 8GB

Entityy

So right now my case is basically a toaster, the only opening it has is in the back. When I bought this case, I was using the integrated GPU, but now that I bought the rx580 I have come to the conclusion that no matter how much I undervolt and bump the fan curve, I won't be able to prevent it from reaching absurd temps without changing my case. I wouldn't spend more than around 60 euros on the case since this isn't an extremely hot build, but I do need some more airflow. If it has good preinstalled front fans I would appreciate it. Please suggest some cases guys. So far the cases that have appealed to me the most are the mattrex 55 V ADD RGB, the fractal design focus G, corsairs 220T and stuff like this. I only want my GPU to stay below 73C(right now I'm getting 83+... I have to lock my fps and lower my settings in order to avoid self restart).

For now just take off the sidepanel as a temp fix.

Out of all those cases listed the focus g and 220t are good as they have mesh front panels. The mattrex basically will have the same issue as your current case as the front is closed with some small vents on the side.

3 hours ago, Entityy said:

I wouldn't spend more than around 60 euros, mattrex 55 V ADD RGB, the fractal design focus G, corsairs 220T and stuff like this

Fractal Design Focus G 

Phanteks P300A

Cougar MX330, MX331 Mesh, MX410 Mesh

Cooler Master Master Box 5, K500, K501L, MB500, MB510L, MB511, MB511 RGB, NR600, TD500 Mesh (Price pending)

Corsair SPEC-04

MSI Mag Force 100R

Deepcool Matrexx 55 Mesh

Rosewill Spectra C100

Silverstone Fara R1

Thermaltake Versa J24 Tempered Glass

Metallic Gear Neo Air

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

Fractal Design Focus G 

Phanteks P300A

Cooler Master Master Box 5, K500, K501L, MB500, MB510L, MB511, MB511 RGB, NR600, TD500 Mesh (Price pending)

Corsair SPEC-04

MSI Mag Force 100R

Deepcool Matrexx 55 Mesh

Rosewill Spectra C100

Silverstone Fara R1

Metallic Gear Neo Air

wow thanks so much

16 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Fractal Design Focus G 

Phanteks P300A

Corsair SPEC-04

MSI Mag Force 100R

Deepcool Matrexx 55 Mesh

Rosewill Spectra C100

Silverstone Fara R1

Metallic Gear Neo Air

so I have checked out all of them(the cougars aren't available around here,neither is the rosewill one,etc) and most of them seem pretty nice, but it's pretty hard to pick one because most of them don't specify what fans they have preinstalled so it's hard to tell if they are good enough. I'm counting on the front fans being good because I won't be switching them, but does it really matter what front fans it has? I think the fact that all of them have 3 more openings than my current case is enough even by itself

3 hours ago, Entityy said:

so I have checked out all of them(the cougars aren't available around here,neither is the rosewill one,etc) and most of them seem pretty nice, but it's pretty hard to pick one because most of them don't specify what fans they have preinstalled so it's hard to tell if they are good enough. I'm counting on the front fans being good because I won't be switching them, but does it really matter what front fans it has? I think the fact that all of them have 3 more openings than my current case is enough even by itself

The cases that come with fans would be the most ideal. Just having extra ventilation parts isnt entirely enough since you'd be relying too much on inside fans from the CPU cooler and GPU to do the work of intake fans.

Most of them come with none or one fan. The Focus G, Neo Air, and NR600 come with two fans. The MB500 and Mag Force 100R comes with three fans

The Versa J24 Tempered glass and Rosewill C100 both come with 4 fans. Of course, availability depends on location

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

The cases that come with fans would be the most ideal. Just having extra ventilation parts isnt entirely enough since you'd be relying too much on inside fans from the CPU cooler and GPU to do the work of intake fans.

Most of them come with none or one fan. The Focus G, Neo Air, and NR600 come with two fans. The MB500 and Mag Force 100R comes with three fans

The Versa J24 Tempered glass and Rosewill C100 both come with 4 fans. Of course, availability depends on location

yeah so I was looking at the versa and it seems the most solid, even if it's not the best looking out of all the cases you listed

@TVwazhereso I've been looking at cases a lot and I was wondering whether I should also consider the mag forge *101M* and not 100 R because it comes with 1 extra fan and that helps me a lot

4 hours ago, Entityy said:

@TVwazhereso I've been looking at cases a lot and I was wondering whether I should also consider the mag forge *101M* and not 100 R because it comes with 1 extra fan and that helps me a lot

The number of fans are the same. The !00R's rear fan isnt RGB so it's not highlighted. The 101M replaces it with an RGB fan, so performance should be within %margin of error between the two

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

The number of fans are the same. The !00R's rear fan isnt RGB so it's not highlighted. The 101M replaces it with an RGB fan, so performance should be within %margin of error between the two

but the 101M has 3 front fans while the 100R has 2 front fans

1 hour ago, Entityy said:

but the 101M has 3 front fans while the 100R has 2 front fans

Ah, I'm just seeing that. 

That fan has 75% of it's airflow blocked by the silly front panel design. Unless it's the same price I wouldn't bother with it. 

12 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Ah, I'm just seeing that. 

That fan has 75% of it's airflow blocked by the silly front panel design. Unless it's the same price I wouldn't bother with it. 

well it's like 4 euro extra which makes it 60 euro which is very cheap anyway so I mean why not go for that 1% extra air that the fan does manage to get in lol.

I think I will be going for this one, it should be enough to keep my rx580 under 75C while my GPU fans are running at 2500 RPM...hopefully

Edit: lol,the 100R has ARGB front fans while the others have RGB fans, does that mean that the ones with normal RGB fans only support static colors?'

I just found some interesting thermaltake "commander" series cases with 2x 200MM preinstalled front fans but I think the msi is still better

6 hours ago, Entityy said:

100R has ARGB front fans while the others have RGB fans, does that mean that the ones with normal RGB fans only support static colors?'

Correct

6 hours ago, Entityy said:

I just found some interesting thermaltake "commander" series cases with 2x 200MM preinstalled front fans but I think the msi is still better

C31 Through C36. Same internal frame and fans, they just have different front panel styles. Their RGB is proprietary, but their airflow should be better than the 100 series due to having a much higher Flow rate (nothing realistically beats 2 200mm fans)

If 200mm fans interest you, keep an eye out for Lian LI 215. You get best airflow, and the fans are motherboard RGB/ARGB compatible. 

Correct

C31 Through C36. Same internal frame and fans, they just have different front panel styles. Their RGB is proprietary, but their airflow should be better than the 100 series due to having a much higher Flow rate (nothing realistically beats 2 200mm fans)

If 200mm fans interest you, keep an eye out for Lian LI 215. You get best airflow, and the fans are motherboard RGB/ARGB compatible. 

the 215 is available for 74 euro in my country

Just now, Entityy said:

the 215 is available for 74 euro in my country

Personally, I'd spend the 14 euro's for the better case, but I'm a case nerd and I could easily find ways to justify to myself a $250 price tag for a case if IO wanted to .😂 

The 101m should be just fine for what you're trying to accomplish. 

9 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Personally, I'd spend the 14 euro's for the better case, but I'm a case nerd and I could easily find ways to justify to myself a $250 price tag for a case if IO wanted to .😂 

The 101m should be just fine for what you're trying to accomplish. 

I mean I just want my GPU under 75C with its fans running at 2500 RPM as opposed to my current GPU temp that eventually reaches 89 and restarts my entire PC no matter the fan speed lol. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi so I think I'm going to buy the SilentiumPC Regnum RG6V EVO TG ARGB, I just found it and it's on sale for 60 euros, it seems solid and even better than the msi case.. Opinions?