Collecting parts while overseas working

Greadwan

Budget (including currency): up to $5000 Canadian Pesos

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: All types of games like Anno, Doom Eternal ect., Digital art and 3d software, Trading platforms, Youtube content creation and some CAD design.

Other details 

This is what I have so far.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($469.00 @ Canada Computers) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($335.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($335.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($221.34 @ Amazon Canada) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda Pro 8 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($272.08 @ Amazon Canada) 
Case: Lian Li O11D XL-W ATX Full Tower Case  ($248.50 @ Vuugo) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($194.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Case Fan: Lian Li Bora Lite 48.31 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  ($59.99 @ Memory Express) 
Case Fan: Lian Li Bora Lite 48.31 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  ($59.99 @ Memory Express) 
Case Fan: Thermaltake Pure Duo 56.51 CFM 120 mm Fans 2-Pack  ($59.94 @ Amazon Canada) 
Keyboard: Ducky One 2 RGB TKL Wired Standard Keyboard  ($199.99 @ Memory Express) 
Mouse: Xtrfy M4 RGB Wired Optical Mouse  ($89.99 @ Memory Express) 
Total: $2547.79

So I've been working away from home for the past 3 months, finally get to go back home November 4th and will have a computer to put together, at least I thought so. I've been buying parts and researching what Id like to have in my PC build and I have come to a bit of a dilemma. I am going with AMD, but have not chosen a CPU, GPU and Cooling solution yet, that's what I'm having a hard time deciding on. I would like to go with Ryzen 5900XT and the RX 6800XT, but I think it will be hard to get both when they launch Nov 5th and 18th, which probably means Ill be waiting to build my PC until I can get my hands on these components. So I was thinking maybe i could just go with the Ryzen 3900XT and an RX 5700XT to get up and running, once the Ryzen 5900XT and the RX 6800XT are readily available I can easily upgrade, not that the upgrade is needed its just a want more than a need at this point ha. As for cooling I do eventually want to do a custom water loop using EK waterblocks and components, but for now maybe a simple AIO for the CPU is enough. do I wait or do I just pull the trigger on what's available now. That's basically where I'm at with my build. Also I'm not dead set on the RX 5700XT, its just that its cheaper than a 2070 super or 2060 super for not too much performance difference, I did think about just getting the 2060 for the time being for $429 CAD as the plan is to upgrade to the latest and greatest once its available. I should also look into a decent monitor.

i think amd won't have availability issues with the 5000 cpu series, so you might be able to grab one on the 5th of november.

as for gpu, if you plan to replace it within a few months anyway, get a second hand one, so it doesn't lose much value when you resell it.

why do you need 64gb ram?

23 hours ago, boggy77 said:

i think amd won't have availability issues with the 5000 cpu series, so you might be able to grab one on the 5th of november.

as for gpu, if you plan to replace it within a few months anyway, get a second hand one, so it doesn't lose much value when you resell it.

why do you need 64gb ram?

Good point thanks, second hand card is a great idea. I dont think there is actually any benefit to go more than 32gb is there? Ive only ordered 32gb after I made the list but left it in the list as an option.

4 hours ago, Greadwan said:

Good point thanks, second hand card is a great idea. I dont think there is actually any benefit to go more than 32gb is there? Ive only ordered 32gb after I made the list but left it in the list as an option.

You mention 3D programs and CAD design as a (partial) use case. Depending on how heavy your cad design is, 64GB might not be the worst decision. However if it is only basic CAD design with not too many parts, 32GB will be just fine.