Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Windows 10 Redesign Imminent - "Sun Valley" Slated for 2021

On 10/29/2020 at 4:42 PM, NotTheFirstDaniel said:

I think will be more of a macOS Big Sur redesign, where it looks different, but the functionality is the same.

Remember, this is the 2nd Windows 10 redesign. The first was in 2017/2018 with the introduction of Fluent Design.

this is microshit we are talking about.

like fuck thats whats gonna happen.

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/yJ2cQV

5U The Waifu (my new in-progress server): https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1130931-5u-the-waifu-my-new-server/

On 10/29/2020 at 7:08 PM, NotTheFirstDaniel said:

I thought the control panel couldn't be migrated due to issues with older apps that have calls to control.exe

I don't know and even if that were the case, I think there's a way to actually accomplish that. It's no excuse for a large corporation like Microsoft to be unable to fix their Settings app. If they put in the right resources with the right people, than it can be done. 

Desktops

- The specifications of my almighty machine:

MB: MSI Z370-A Pro || CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K 4.00 GHz || RAM: 20GB DDR4  || GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 || Storage: 1TB HDD & 250GB HDD  & 128GB x2 SSD || OS: Windows 10 Pro & Ubuntu 19.10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laptops

- Main laptop specs:

Model: ASUS X302UA || CPU: Intel Core i3 6006U || RAM: 8GB DDR3L || GPU: Integrated Intel HD 520 || Storage: 128GB SSD || OS: Windows 10 Home

Hopefully it means new functionality that would make sense rather then oh look a new look, under the hood windows 10 is very very old and outdated.

Microsoft needs to quit "redesigning" their operating system. Microsoft should if anything, go back to the Windows 7 era, the aero effects looked the best and it was simple, not cluttered. Also, Microsoft really should take some notes from apple, and fix their god damn Windows dark mode feature. Also, I would like a dark mode for the task bar and start menu. Another thing, sorta follows the Windows 7 aero request, add a feature for transparent effects, in addition to Windows 10 translucent effects, give the customer more to be able to customize their task bar, file explorer, ect. Above all, fix the constant security loop holes and improve the operating system's handling of tasks, and what not.

Case: Fractal Define R6 USB-C Tempered Glass CPU: i7 5930K @ 4.0GHz Motherboard: EVGA X99 Classified RAM: 48GB DDR4 2666MHz G.Skill GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra PSU: Corsair HX1000i 80+ Platinum Drives: 500GB SSD (2x), 960GB SSD, 120GB SSD, 2TB (2x) HDD, 4TB HDD, & 500GB HDD Displays: Acer Predator 27" XB271HU 165Hz G-Sync (1440p) & 2x Dell P2715Q 27" (2160p) 

4 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Microsoft needs to quit "redesigning" their operating system. Microsoft should if anything, go back to the Windows 7 era, the aero effects looked the best and it was simple, not cluttered. Also, Microsoft really should take some notes from apple, and fix their god damn Windows dark mode feature. Also, I would like a dark mode for the task bar and start menu. Another thing, sorta follows the Windows 7 aero request, add a feature for transparent effects, in addition to Windows 10 translucent effects, give the customer more to be able to customize their task bar, file explorer, ect. Above all, fix the constant security loop holes and improve the operating system's handling of tasks, and what not.

So basically scrap Windows 10?

AMD FX™ 6300 @ 4.20 GHz | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB WD 750GB | Antec 300 | ASUS Xonar DG | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Sony MDR-V250 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB / 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

iPhone 6s (iOS 13.6.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | Samsung Galaxy S5e (Android 10)

8 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

So basically scrap Windows 10?

At  this point its better to  admit defeat and  cut their losses.  Win10 is a catastrophe since day one and it doesnt seem to  improve......

Just now, jagdtigger said:

Win10 is a catastrophe since day one 

Was it really though? If you thought Windows 10 was a catastrophe, the world should've ended when Vista came out. 

AMD FX™ 6300 @ 4.20 GHz | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB WD 750GB | Antec 300 | ASUS Xonar DG | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB / 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

iPhone 6s (iOS 13.6.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | Samsung Galaxy S5e (Android 10)

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Was it really though? If you thought Windows 10 was a catastrophe, the world should've ended when Vista came out. 

Just because there was a worse f*ckup before it wont make it any less bad. They struggling with 10 for 5 years now and it is still a unreliable buggy mess.

4 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Just because there was a worse f*ckup before it wont make it any less bad. They struggling with 10 for 5 years now and it is still a unreliable buggy mess.

You mean Android? Yea. 

12 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

You mean Android? Yea. 

Nope...

52 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Vista wasn't even that bad. It was just over-hyped, and too "bloated", and since Microsoft kept changing Vista every year, none of the System Integrators knew the final hardware requirements until maybe like 2006.

I think half of the Vista BSODs were actually due to Nvidia, not Microsoft.

Windows 10's downfall is that they got rid of their QA team in that mass layoff they did in 2015, so now it's up to the public and the tens of internal testers they have. Very interesting that once both Apple and Microsoft went the way of user-based testing, both OS's stability crumbled.

1 hour ago, Master Delta Chief said:

I don't know and even if that were the case, I think there's a way to actually accomplish that. It's no excuse for a large corporation like Microsoft to be unable to fix their Settings app. If they put in the right resources with the right people, than it can be done. 

You're not dealing with just Microsoft. You're dealing with the thousands of win32 software developers that don't like change. Nothing Microsoft can do will change that. So, they have to take the migration slow, they're forced to do it.

I swear as soon as LTSC hits 1903 (next year I believe) I am moving to that. I am done with Microsoft and its "lets fix something that doesn't need fixed, and also ignore the stuff that does need fixed".

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X Stock

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC

RAM: 16GB 3000MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: ThermalTake 750W Smart BX1 - RGB Disabled

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: DeepCool Castle 360EX

1 hour ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

the world should've ended when Vista came out. 

Vista was ahead of its time. Windows 7 pretty much is Windows Vista done right. I agree with @jagdtigger, Windows 10 is a mess. Thats why I bought a Mac and only use my Windows machine for gaming and I dont even game that much. 

Was there dairy in that? ***30 min later**** Yep..... You might want to let it air out for a bit.....😂😂😂😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, NotTheFirstDaniel said:

You're not dealing with just Microsoft. You're dealing with the thousands of win32 software developers that don't like change. Nothing Microsoft can do will change that. So, they have to take the migration slow, they're forced to do it.

Thats not the whole issue. Microsoft is NO LONGER doing their due diligence with updates. They laid off most of the Windows testing team. They started relying on their customers to beta test their products. Its NOT WORKING. They also like to release two large upgrades a year. Back in the day, it took a long time to get a service pack in Windows, they were not dropping them like every 6 months. Which is kinda what the creators updates are, they are like service packs. They keep adding and changing things but not fixing the god damned issues that have been present. 

Was there dairy in that? ***30 min later**** Yep..... You might want to let it air out for a bit.....😂😂😂😂😂😂

All I see here is hype.

If you want to know what is happening in Windows UI development join the Windows Insider Program, you get to see all planned updates as they are developed, community tested, and eventually axed or deployed.

*edit

You even get to give your own feedback on the same developments or give your own suggestions on future developments.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS     |     TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES     |     FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |     F@H & BOINC Badge Request     |    F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

Spoiler

†  

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My phones are a Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

🇺🇸   About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46   🇺🇸

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

All I see here is hype.

If you want to know what is happening in Windows UI development join the Windows Insider Program, you get to see all planned updates as they are developed, community tested, and eventually axed or deployed.

All I see is potential pain and misery in the future. 

Modernization, huh. Because that went so very well with W̵̹̊̓̎̈̇͗̽̈́͂͝ì̵̧̟̘͇̼͕̣̫͈̰͍͇̂̆͑̇͌̑́͒̀̈ǹ̵͚̱͈̦̞̥͆̐͋͐̌̿́́̀́d̵̜̬̦͉͍̮̠̹̔͌͒̓o̶̰̥̥̰̪̪͎̍̐̋̐͒̃́̂̀̂́͆̌̕͘w̷̝͉̗̻͈͕̥͔͔̘͎̆̈͗͑͗͆͛͆̒͒͝͠ṡ̷̛̘̦̹̝̙̯̝̯̫̣̰̤̦̝͂͂̈ ̴̨̤̺̪̫͔̗͕̗̮̝̹̽̈́̈̐̿̉͊̐̚͝8̷̢̡̨̙̠̲̤̗̋̎

My PCs:

VALENTINIAN : CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X || CPU COOLER : Corsair H115i Pro || MOBO : MSi B450 Tomahawk Max || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB, Samsung 850 Evo 1TB x2 || PSU: EVGA G2 850W w/ Cablemod Black & White Cables || CASE: NZXT H510 White || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A, HP 27yh || KEYBOARD: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Brown, White Keycaps) || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: HyperX Cloud Alpha, Logitech C920 || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 2x Corsair ML120 ||

DIOCLETIAN III (HTPC) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 || CPU COOLER : Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition || MOBO : MSi X370 Gaming Pro Carbon || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC || RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V (3200) || SSDs: Crucial P1 500GB, Crucial MX500 1TB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB || PSU: Seasonic 650W w/ Black & Red Extensions || CASE: Phanteks P300 || Monitor: Samsung Q60 65" QLED || KEYBOARD: Logitech G613 || Mouse: Logitech G305 || CONTROLLER: Xbox One Controller x2 || AUDIO: Samsung Q60R Soundbar || Case Fans : 2x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120, Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-2000 ||

JUSTINIAN - Dell XPS 15": CPU: Core i7-9750H || GPU: GTX 1650 || RAM: 2*8GB 2666MhZ DDR4 SODIMM || SSD: 1TB M.2 PCIe || CASE: 15.6" Laptop with dBrand skin || MONITOR: 15" 1920 * 1080 IPS || KEYBOARD: Dell Keyboard || MOUSE: Logitech G305 White || AUDIO: HyperX Cloud II ||

OTHER : Dell Latitude (i7-6600U, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD) || HP All-in-One (Unspecified Haswell i7, 8GB DDR3, Crucial MX500 500GB ||

MOBILE : Galaxy S9 (64GB + 64GB uSD) || Galaxy S7 (32GB) || FitBit Blaze || iPad 7th Generation ||

CONSOLE : Nintendo Switch (Pro Controller x3, Joy-Con Grip x1, PowerA Enhanced Controller x1) ||

POLITICAL ALIGNMENT: Social Democratic || Centre-Left ||

Bring back aero and the classic 7 style, this new style is hideous and childish with stuff like "we'll prepare everything" or "we're working on it" instead of clear and simple messages, who's "we" and who's working on what? it's nobody there, it's just a bunch of lines of code, I want to know what's the install program doing.

5 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

There was nothing wrong with Vista... it even had "blades"... 

RYZEN 5 3600 | GIGABYTE 3070 VISION OC | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 4TB TOSHIBA X 300 | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

I'm a bit more hopeful, i really hope the changes are good and actually overhaul everything.

I'd like to stop going through what seems like 2 different main settings pages lmfao

38 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Bring back aero and the classic 7 style, this new style is hideous and childish with stuff like "we'll prepare everything" or "we're working on it" instead of clear and simple messages, who's "we" and who's working on what? it's nobody there, it's just a bunch of lines of code, I want to know what's the install program doing.

I miss the Aero theme so much...

:feelsbadman:

I will say that I do like the cool "Foggy Crystal" accents Windows 10 has received, but i'd like for that to be expanded 

16 minutes ago, Poison4K said:

I'm a bit more hopeful, i really hope the changes are good and actually overhaul everything.

I'd like to stop going through what seems like 2 different main settings pages lmfao

It's not going to happen, whole windows 10 design is based on the assumption user's would want to access settings from everywhere and not just "one place" that's easy to find... They would need to either remove the start menu or the "action center" you simply can't have both of you want clarity and an easy to navigate operating system. 

And at this point it wouldn't be windows 10 anymore...

RYZEN 5 3600 | GIGABYTE 3070 VISION OC | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 4TB TOSHIBA X 300 | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

3 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

It's not going to happen, whole windows 10 design is based on the assumption user's would want to access settings from everywhere and not just "one place" that's easy to find... They would need to either remove the start menu or the "action center" you simply can't have both of you want clarity and an easy to navigate operating system. 

And at this point it wouldn't be windows 10 anymore...

image.thumb.png.7930bf3f00e4e64f0028bcffd45bcdc4.png

It triggers me that these both exist simultaneously