Main monitor is fuzzy on half of the picture. Started after Nvidia driver update and won't stop.

Melano

TO BE CLEAR, I DO NOT KNOW THE PROBLEM. I AM ONLY GUESSING WITH LIMITED KNOWLEDGE.

I've updated my drivers as of.. today or yesterday, and this issue appeared. RuneScape of all places told my my Nvidia drivers, GTX 1080, were over 90 days out of date. Low and behold the update to recent screws everything up. I'm not sure how to describe it because I can't get it to show in screenshots. I might be crazy and just never noticed this sudden degradation until now, but its only on the left side of my monitor. I am very confused. I'm not sure if its my monitor, my graphics card, my drivers, or my OS being weird. So far, I'm assuming its not Windows 10 as I continue to edit this. I don't know. New thing, I noticed slight... flickering? of pixels when I move things on the screen. Almost like I did it too fast?

Monitor in question is the HP OMEN 144hz. 1080P Full HD.
https://www.amazon.com/HP-FreeSync-Technology-Z7Y57AA-ABA/dp/B074155RHK#customerReviews

I have in fact, turned my PC off and on, multiple times.
I have used:
Display Driver Uninstaller
NVCleanstall_1.7.0
Then tried again and used the normal installer.

I have recalibrated ClearType multiple times.

I cannot reproduce it on my second and third monitors, thus my belief my monitor may be dying after two years.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit IS ACTIVATED.

image.png.b92ad7571caabbd2c9c4a1a12d594f1e.png

HOWEVER, it may be my monitor. When I drag a window to the left, it fuzzies the text, but on the right side, it does not. I'm not sure what's going on.

HOWEVER, Windows 10 recently updated, so who knows.

I'm watching this topic heavily. It won't leave my eyes alone. ;-;

image.png.4bf17ab49ecdac9ed4d37d9fcd1cf5fb.png

image.png.425a4a90841044933849883a802c9bcb.png

"We're gunna blow this mother♥♥♥♥er up." - Barret FFVII Abridged, in regards to the Mako Factory.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO THE STAIRS?!" - Eddy (Ed, Edd 'n Eddy), while sneaking Ed out of his room.

Hey there!

Did you try wiping the current driver with DDU, then reinstalling an older version? Even if Runescape complains again, it'll tell you whether that's the problem.

Have you played around with your monitor's sharpness setting? It might be doing funky stuff.

Those are the first two thing I would try.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 hour ago, Energycore said:

Hey there!

Did you try wiping the current driver with DDU, then reinstalling an older version? Even if Runescape complains again, it'll tell you whether that's the problem.

Have you played around with your monitor's sharpness setting? It might be doing funky stuff.

Those are the first two thing I would try.

I did both of those, yes. :<

"We're gunna blow this mother♥♥♥♥er up." - Barret FFVII Abridged, in regards to the Mako Factory.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO THE STAIRS?!" - Eddy (Ed, Edd 'n Eddy), while sneaking Ed out of his room.