Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Paladins makes both screens black and crashes

This started happening yesterday. I would play paladins and watch youtube on my second monitor, and it just went black. I have a i5-9600k CPU 3.70GHz, 6 cores/logical processors, GTX Geforce 1070, and one stick of 16gb DDR4 ram. I thought it was because I was using a different browser, opera, but it wasnt the problem. I used chrome and it is still happening. And now, the quality of the videos I watch would keep changing by itself. I know that is what auto does to it, but it never changes on me. Any help would be appreciated.

I had a similar thing happen to me on Overwatch where I would blackscreen randomly. It happened when my GPU reached about 90% load, what I did was update the drivers and change my fan curve. This solved my issue, I think drivers were the cause. I also play a good bit of Paladins and one of my friends is experiencing something similar. Paladins is a buggy game, so it might be because of the new update that just launched. 

Try updating your drivers, resetting video settings in paladins, and making sure that your 1070 isn't throttling in game (which I doubt because I have a 2060 that barely reaches 50% usage in Paladins lol)

Best of luck!!

6 minutes ago, pixxel said:

I had a similar thing happen to me on Overwatch where I would blackscreen randomly. It happened when my GPU reached about 90% load, what I did was update the drivers and change my fan curve. This solved my issue, I think drivers were the cause. I also play a good bit of Paladins and one of my friends is experiencing something similar. Paladins is a buggy game, so it might be because of the new update that just launched. 

Try updating your drivers, resetting video settings in paladins, and making sure that your 1070 isn't throttling in game (which I doubt because I have a 2060 that barely reaches 50% usage in Paladins lol)

Best of luck!!

So what happens if my GPU is already up to date and all my video settings are default?

13 hours ago, OzZy15 said:

So what happens if my GPU is already up to date and all my video settings are default?

Make sure that your settings in Nvidia control panel are default, after that I have no advice really, its game level after that