Paladins makes both screens black and crashes

OzZy15

This started happening yesterday. I would play paladins and watch youtube on my second monitor, and it just went black. I thought it was because I was using a different browser, opera, but it wasnt the problem. I used chrome and it is still happening. And now, the quality of the videos I watch would keep changing by itself. I know that is what auto does to it, but it never changes on me. Any help would be appreciated.

*refrains only at the last moment from making a D&D joke about the lawful good alignment* 

Inknow nothing about the game but dual monitors jumped out at me.  Do you happen to have a 5700xt with out of date drivers?

A description of what hardware you have could be useful.  It would at least save you from terrible jokes about things that have nothing to do with your problem

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

*refrains from making a D&D joke about the lawful good alignment* 

Inknow nothing about the game but dual monitors jumped out at me.  Do you happen to have a 5700xt with out of date drivers?

I do not, I have a GTX Geforce 1070 and a i5-9600k CPU 3.70GHz, 6 cores/logical processors. I have one stick of 16 ddr4 ram which I will be adding 3 more to it during Christmas. But if that is the problem then I know the problem.

Just now, OzZy15 said:

I do not, I have a GTX Geforce 1070 and a i5-9600k CPU 3.70GHz, 6 cores/logical processors. I have one stick of 16 ddr4 ram which I will be adding 3 more to it during Christmas. But if that is the problem then I know the problem.

I got basically nothing then.  Others might though.  Some  single16gb sticks will do dual channel and give you increased speed some won’t. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

This started happening yesterday. I would play paladins and watch youtube on my second monitor, and it just went black. I have a i5-9600k CPU 3.70GHz, 6 cores/logical processors, GTX Geforce 1070, and one stick of 16gb DDR4 ram. I thought it was because I was using a different browser, opera, but it wasnt the problem. I used chrome and it is still happening. And now, the quality of the videos I watch would keep changing by itself. I know that is what auto does to it, but it never changes on me. Any help would be appreciated.

6 minutes ago, pixxel said:

I had a similar thing happen to me on Overwatch where I would blackscreen randomly. It happened when my GPU reached about 90% load, what I did was update the drivers and change my fan curve. This solved my issue, I think drivers were the cause. I also play a good bit of Paladins and one of my friends is experiencing something similar. Paladins is a buggy game, so it might be because of the new update that just launched. 

Try updating your drivers, resetting video settings in paladins, and making sure that your 1070 isn't throttling in game (which I doubt because I have a 2060 that barely reaches 50% usage in Paladins lol)

Best of luck!!

So what happens if my GPU is already up to date and all my video settings are default?