AMD owners, what's it like living with Radeon?

JBIZZL3Y
2 hours ago, Sabarok said:

I have a question on this topic; What's the build quality on Radeons? How long do they last?

I've bought a few "brand new" NVIDIA GPUs from the x80, and each of them died after only 4 years. How well do the newly released high end Radeons hold up over time?

I have a 4 year old rx 480 that works fine but idk about the newer ones.

I have an OEM RX 560x in my laptop, idk but AMD has great long-term product support. 4 years ago my GPU would've been worse than a GTX 1050. Now with slight OCs and an undervolt it matches and crosses a 1050Ti in games and benchmarks(dunno why this happens but it's true).

I own RX 5700 and it's great. Never urinates inside house, don't even have to take for a walk a long time. I don't really know how it works but it does.

I edit my posts more often than not

as a team red fanboy i have never once had an intel or nvidia product in my builds. i had a RX 480 forever and finally upgraded to a 5700xt and both cards are amazing i also have another build with some RX 570's and they work flawlessly. People always complain about MAD drivers but i never have an issue and i usually keep my drivers one or two behind the most recent one.

21 hours ago, Sabarok said:

I have a question on this topic; What's the build quality on Radeons? How long do they last?

My reference RX 5700XT has been a very solid GPU on the hardware side of things, though the blower design has resulted in bad hot spot temps. It has a 3 year warranty that I'm just over 1 year into. My brother has an RX 580 that is leaving warranty in a month or so, and hasn't given even a single problem in its 2 year lifespan. (sticking it in another system when he gets my 5700XT)

I even have an old Radeon HD 3570 from Sapphire floating around somewhere that I soldered a monitor cable grounding bypass to because my monitor cable was partly broken... It still worked after more than 5 years. (and presumably still works, though I haven't installed it in a system in several years)

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Thanks to everyone for the info! looking forward to the release of the new cards to see what's what... and if any of it will be in stock 😒

Had a little bit of a rough time getting my RX580 to work with Folding@Home yesterday, but that was exclusively configuration issues and permissions issues, not driver issues. That being said, the process for getting the Nvidia card folding was much much much simpler.