AMD RX 6000 Announcement

Loki0111

Watched the presentation.

AMD / Nvidia

RX 6900XT ($999) / RTX 3090 ($1,499)

RX 6800XT ($649) / RTX 3080 ($699)

RX 6800 ($579) / No peer

No peer / RTX 3070 ($499)

If the benchmarks are accurate the performance has gotten a lot tighter with Nvidia outside of ray tracing (which wasn't benchmarked).

The 6900XT looks like it could be compelling, the rest were over priced in my opinion.

Looks good, though wait for actual benchmarks.

Competition is always good for us though, after last gen this one is amazing for the consumer.

However if Nvidia can't step up their supply game I can see a lot of people canceling their order and getting an 6800xt instead, some might even opt for a 6900xt

Ray tracing is going to be interesting, I don't see AMD performing well there however there will be people out there that don't care for ray tracing.

2 minutes ago, Exeon said:

Looks good, though wait for actual benchmarks.

Competition is always good for us though, after last gen this one is amazing for the consumer.

However if Nvidia can't step up their supply game I can see a lot of people canceling their order and getting an 6800xt instead, some might even opt for a 6900xt

Ray tracing is going to be interesting, I don't see AMD performing well there however there will be people out there that don't care for ray tracing.

The lack of availability is the only reason I think things might work out for AMD right now. If Nvidia somehow resolved their stock problem I think the 6000 cards would be in serious trouble.

I don't see AMD performing well there

Everyone keeps saying that with no actual evidence to support that assumption...

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

1 minute ago, BTGbullseye said:

Everyone keeps saying that with no actual evidence to support that assumption...

There is no direct evidence yet but if AMD had worked a miracle and caught up with NVIDIA in one generation it would have been a major part of their launch marketing.

The AMD offering seems very intriguing considering I can't get a 3000 series and the price is lower for similar performance. I look forward to the benchmarks.

i9 13900k | MSI Z790 CARBON WiFi | 32GB Kingston FURY Beast | Asus TUF Gaming 4090 OC | WD Black NVMe 1TB | WD 2TB SSD | Thermaltake 1350 80 Plus Gold | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420mm | Windows 11 Pro | Alienware 240hz | Phanteks Eclipse P500A Digital LED | HyperX Alloy | Logitech G502 | HyperX Alpha

2 minutes ago, Loki0111 said:

The lack of availability is the only reason I think things might work out for AMD right now. If Nvidia somehow resolved their stock problem I think the 6000 cards would be in serious trouble.

Why would they be? "If" their performance and price are similar they are most likely a better choice for 4K gaming with 16GB's of VRAM

Don't get me wrong, I believe 10GB's is more than enough for 1440p, but there are "certain" titles out there that do reach 10GB's on 4K, so what will happen in 2 years from now?

I guess there are still Nvidia technologies that can push them over the edge

4 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

There is no direct evidence aside from AMD not talking about ray tracing, and Nvidia having specific ray tracing cores in their card.

However Nvidia specifically uses aditional cores for ray tracing, although last gen AMD cards "can" do ray tracing, their performance hit was horrifying.

I doubt it'll be any different if they didn't focus on Ray tracing (which I wouldn't blame them for)

4 minutes ago, Exeon said:

Why would they be? "If" their performance and price are similar they are most likely a better choice for 4K gaming with 16GB's of VRAM

Don't get me wrong, I believe 10GB's is more than enough for 1440p, but there are "certain" titles out there that do reach 10GB's on 4K, so what will happen in 2 years from now?

I guess there are still Nvidia technologies that can push them over the edge

There is no direct evidence aside from AMD not talking about ray tracing, and Nvidia having specific ray tracing cores in their card.

However Nvidia specifically uses aditional cores for ray tracing, although last gen AMD cards "can" do ray tracing, their performance hit was horrifying.

I doubt it'll be any different if they didn't focus on Ray tracing (which I wouldn't blame them for)

The biggest thing for me with Nvidia has always been their excellent driver support. Its always been well above AMD/ATI and for me that is worth the $50 extra alone.

To get me to drop interest in the RTX 3080 and go out and buy the 6800XT on launch day they would have had to price it at $599. For $100 less I can mentally justify taking that hit on the drivers and all the headaches that comes with and probably the ray tracing.

I was impressed by how far AMD has caught up on raw FPS performance though.

You apparently didn't pay very close attention to the announcement... They outright said they're using the same system as Nvidia for their hardware ray tracing.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

17 minutes ago, Exeon said:

They will launch new products with 24+GB of VRAM to make you buy them again.

well done amd 

i am exicited for NEXT gen gpu from nvidia and amd, must be competitive and not long to wait

patient customer always wins

What are the display interfaces DP and HDMI?

I hate how everyone is stuck only caring about ultra settings on most demanding AAA titles.

I wish ya'll stop telling marketers we can't play at higher fps/res so they can hurry up and give me higher res and fps combos.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

It is making me think it's time to go for a team red build in the new year.  I'm compelled by SAM, 5000 series CPU+6000 series gpu might be interesting if their drivers are not complete ass. 

As always,  going to wait for reviews and proper benchmarks before making the final decision.  But all I can say is thanks Nvidia for botching your 3000 series release. Gave me time to see what your competition had in store. 

Was that a Thunderbolt or USB-C port on the 6800XT??

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

I wonder if the new technology where Radeon 6000 GPUs have additional features when paired with Ryzen 5000 CPUs is a sign of things to come, especially with an entire new socket on the horizon

same story with 5700 5700 xt, with radeon VII... and it is with "Smart memory access" and "RAGE MODE" ...

hopefully it is as good as said, but the story tells us otherwise. but if the slides tells us the truth then the 3080 still seems like the middle of the road card, the 6900xt seems to be better than the 3090 at gaming, but is the 3090 really a gaming card, or is it more a compute card, and how can AMD fight with CUDA cores when talking about rendering..

the 3070 seems like it also has a fight, but to be honest, personally i bought a 5700 for my son, and i traded down to a 2060 simply because i felt like being back in the older days, where you had to reinstall certain older drivers to have games run properly. for my son.. Minecraft with mods, was such a big issue for the 5700 card, that we simply gave up.