Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Deepcool Convertor?

Hi guys wondering if this converter would work for me? http://www.gamerstorm.com/product/ACCESSORY/2019-03/1291_10731.shtml

I currently own Coolmoon fans connected to a hub, and that hub will only connect to a 3-pin Aurasync motherboard.

Is there any chance that I can make it work using that converter to my MSI B450m Mortar Max motherboard? 

Any help would be really appreciated. 

Here's the pic of the hub:

0ac08ff7c2fdde3fd37bc30b17bec9c8.png.ecc486facc971d3a17a09b5d20f3272d.png

Motherboard: MSI B450m Mortar Max

Processor: Ryzen 7 2700 w/ Wraith Prism

RAM: Klev Cras X 3200mhz 8gb x2

GPU:  Zotac Mini GeForce GTX 1070ti 8GB

PSU: Seasonic GX-750

Case: Inplay Robin 101 + 10 fans w/ hub and remote

Storage: Toshiba 1TB, Western Digital WD Green 1TB, Crucial BX500 480GB

1 hour ago, Rhaemond said:

Hi guys wondering if this converter would work for me? http://www.gamerstorm.com/product/ACCESSORY/2019-03/1291_10731.shtml

I currently own Coolmoon fans connected to a hub, and that hub will only connect to a 3-pin Aurasync motherboard.

Is there any chance that I can make it work using that converter to my MSI B450m Mortar Max motherboard? 

0ac08ff7c2fdde3fd37bc30b17bec9c8.png.ecc486facc971d3a17a09b5d20f3272d.png

im guessing your mb only had 4pin 12v rgb header? and you got 3pin 5v device. i recommend this one in sted un less you need the spliter from the deep cool.

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

im guessing your mb only had 4pin 12v rgb header? and you got 3pin 5v device. i recommend this one in sted un less you need the spliter from the deep cool.

• 2 x 5050 RGB LED strip 12V connectors

Got that from MSI website on my motherboard... Am I correct? Also, I don't think that EZDIY convertor is available here in my country . 

2 minutes ago, Rhaemond said:
  • 2 x 5050 RGB LED strip 12V connectors

Got that from MSI website on my motherboard... Am I correct? Also, I don't think that EZDIY convertor is available here in my country . 

look in your manual. will tell you have headers you got.

3 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

look in your manual. will tell you have headers you got.

Then yes it's 2x 5050 RGB 4pin 12v connectors... So would that deepcool work? Or why are you recommending me the EZDIY one??? Thank you for answering, by the way. 

1 minute ago, Rhaemond said:

Then yes it's 2x 5050 RGB 4pin 12v connectors... So would that deepcool work? Or why are you recommending me the EZDIY one??? Thank you for answering, by the way. 

the deepcool might work or might not. the ezdiy-fab one also has a build in manual controller so if it dose not work with your mb at lest you got a  manual controller.

the deepcool has a few 5v 3pin headers but each use a different connector so you would need adapters to use em. also have i think 2 ports for the 4pin 12v heads basically a spliter.

5 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

the deepcool might work or might not. the ezdiy-fab one also has a build in manual controller so if it dose not work with your mb at lest you got a  manual controller.

the deepcool has a few 5v 3pin headers but each use a different connector so you would need adapters to use em. also have i think 2 ports for the 4pin 12v heads basically a spliter.

What do you mean by different connector?? So the 3 pin of the fan hub won't work immediately with the deepcool? 

so the deep cool has 3 difrnt 5v argb ports. one is 3 pin vdg witch has be discontinued because you can plug it in backwards and brake something. the second is the standerd 2+1 pin 5vargb and the last uses an jst-sm connector.  so if you have  devices 3 with 2+1 connectors to use the vdg and the jst-sm ports you will need addaptors to go from there connectors to 2+1 connector witch dose exist but cost more. now if you have a device with 2+1 and and device that has the jst-sm connectors then bobs your uncal

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51XarFtLp0L._AC_.jpg

Edited by thrasher_565
7 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

so the deep cool has 3 difrnt 5v argb ports. one is 3 pin vdg witch has be discontinued because you can plug it in backwards and brake something. the second is the standerd 2+1 pin 5vargb and the last uses an jst-sm connector.  so if you have  devices 3 with 2+1 connectors to use the vdg and the jst-sm ports you will need addaptors to go from there connectors to 2+1 connector witch dose exist but cost more. now if you have a device with 2+1 and and device that has the jst-sm connectors then bobs your uncal

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51XarFtLp0L._AC_.jpg

I'm sorry I don't quite understand you. But will the pins fit and work on the convertor? 

On 10/28/2020 at 9:05 AM, Rhaemond said:

Hello Rhaemond,

Just thought I would provide some information that might be useful to you. As @thrasher_565 stated; you should be able to use the DeepCoool Converter box with your motherboard. I don't have direct experience with the CoolMoon hub, but I assume that it has an 5v ARGB uplink option to read from a compatible 5v source. Theoretically, it should work since the Coolmoon hub can read from an Asus Aura compatible signal. Just be aware that the converter box is not certified to work with Coolmoon products directly,. so results are not guaranteed. You should also be aware that any of these converters will be downgrading the capabilities of ARGB devices to "a single color at a time" RGB items.

DeepCool Support