Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Part Containng the HDD of a laptop is over heating

I have a LENOVO IDEA-PAD u410 with a SEGATE BARRACUDA 500 GB HDD and a SAMSUNG gen1 SSD, Intel i5 3rd gen @ 1.6ghz  processor and 4gb ddr3 1600mhz ram. and win8 single language

I AM RECENTLY FACING A PROBLEM WITH THIS PC. WHICH IS, THE PART OF THE PC CONTAINING THE HDD IS GETTING FREAKING HOT ( AS hot as a BOILED WATER) I even cleaned the pc very nicely without any dust and the fans too work fine. but still its getting as hot as 42oc .

CAN ANY ONE SAY WHIAT MIGHT BE THE POSSIBLE REASON??

10 minutes ago, Abhirupam Sarmah said:

AS hot as a BOILED WATER

10 minutes ago, Abhirupam Sarmah said:

as hot as 42oc

I don't think water boils at 42 celsius, at least at sea level

For human hands, it is warm to the touch. But for an HDD, it is safe temperature. Once it gets into the 50s you might worry a little.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, Abhirupam Sarmah said:

Ibut still its getting as hot as 42oc .

You're fine, the temps are normal.

@Fasauceome  i have used this pc for quite a while but now it going way to hot my hands feel as if i am sitting besides a heater. Also it happens as soon as i connect to the internet (irrespective of wired or wireless connection)

4 hours ago, Abhirupam Sarmah said:

I have a LENOVO IDEA-PAD u410 with a SEGATE BARRACUDA 500 GB HDD and a SAMSUNG gen1 SSD, Intel i5 3rd gen @ 1.6ghz  processor and 4gb ddr3 1600mhz ram. and win8 single language

I AM RECENTLY FACING A PROBLEM WITH THIS PC. WHICH IS, THE PART OF THE PC CONTAINING THE HDD IS GETTING FREAKING HOT ( AS hot as a BOILED WATER) I even cleaned the pc very nicely without any dust and the fans too work fine. but still its getting as hot as 42oc .

Your CAPS lock key seems to be broken too.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

-> Moved to Laptops and Pre-Built Systems

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, Abhirupam Sarmah said:

@LogicalDrm I use a laptop with an prebuilt system only!! :)

This thread was dumped to General Discussion which isn't allowed. My post is to inform moderation actiong taking place.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 hours ago, Slayerking92 said:

Your CAPS lock key seems to be broken too.

What  😅

3 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

This thread was dumped to General Discussion which isn't allowed. My post is to inform moderation actiong taking place.

@LogicalDrmI never posted it into general discussion!! IDk why it was dumped there??

Just now, Abhirupam Sarmah said:

I never posted it into general discussion!! IDk why it was dumped there??

Look, I'm moderator of this forum. I moved this thread from General Discussion. General Discussion is the first subforum you can post when listing from top of the main page. Which is why most new members post all their threads there. I'm just informing you about moderating action being made. Thats all.

Just don't do it again.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv